Last night after a little disagreement over "man food" we went to Life Group and it was awesome. I got to know some of you much better. Others of you really challenged me, which I truly appreciate because it encourages me to dive deep into the Word.I know you are all wondering about the "man food" comment. Well each family was to bring man food for our Life Group dinner. Brian wanted to bring Pub Mix (which is a pretzel, crunchy thing mix) and I thought that was more of a snack and thought we needed something hot like pizza. Needless to say my darling husband dropped us at Life Group and drove out to get real "man food". Thank you honey! You are such a great husband. I love you!
So after a great life group Hannah wanted Kacy to sleep over. To which Jen and I agreed it would be fine. So this was our FIRST real sleepover experience. So I was not sure what to expect, but I knew it would involve lots of giggles and squealing. After arriving home the girls ran to the playroom and put on princess dresses and played for an hour or two.
They had a ball. The two girls played with the doll house most of the time. They took turns being the kid. I just love that they kept saying "Mommy" and I kept responding. You would think I learned my lesson last time.
So after lots of fun we decided it was time to get into their pajamas. The girls both had princess pajamas, but they were the same which was a catastrophe let me tell you. Although they quickly resolved it by deciding they would just buy each other new pajamas for their birthdays.
So after lots of fun we decided it was time to get into their pajamas. The girls both had princess pajamas, but they were the same which was a catastrophe let me tell you. Although they quickly resolved it by deciding they would just buy each other new pajamas for their birthdays.
After the girls were ready for bed I let them pick a bedtime story. They wanted to read "sleeping duty" or "Cindarerra". ( I love how they talk!) We decided to read sleeping beauty. Kacy was sure to tell us what was going to happen before we turned the page. I guess she didn't want us to worry. So the girls finally fell asleep about 10pm.They woke up at about 7:15am and started to play again. We played princess and then the girls played mermaids in the bath tub. I could NOT get those girls out of the tub. Their poor little lips were turning blue and they were shivering, but they weren't cold and they really didn't want to get out. Finally Hannah wanted to get out so Kacy decided that I should just put Carter in the tub. So funny. Finally, all the kids were dressed and ready to eat. So we made a pancake breakfast.
We finished eating and then cleaned up the playroom a little. Kacy was very obedient. Then, Jen, Sam, and Trey joined us for lunch. It was so fun to visit with Jen. Sorry it was a short visit, but we are busy moms and I will take every moment of fellowship I can. Even if it is too brief. Above the kids made lemonade for our lunch. Thanks for being such great kids. We love all of you!

3 remarks:
Aww! How fun! So glad the girls frist sleep over was a success!
Nancy and Brian, This blog entry is so sweet. It warms my heart to see our Hannah making friends so easily. I love to see her hug her friends and let them sit on her lap to comfort them. This is so precious! Carter and Kacy are precious too! Hannah will surely set a good example for her little sister, Sarah Jane.
Awww- Nanc! These pictures and the stories with them are keepsakes! I, too, enjoyed our brief visit and look forward to lenthier ones in the future! So glad we've met and hit it off!!! Especially the precious little girls!! I JUST LOVE THAT FIRST PIC OF THE GIRLS HUGGING!!!!! Thank you so much for giving Kacy a wonderful time and for having us over for lunch!
Post a Comment