Sarah Jane and I arrived in Molalla, Oregon. After a long day of traveling we made it to Grammy & Pappy's house. The drive from the Portland airport was gorgeous. I must say this is one of the most beautiful places I've ever visited. The trees are AMAZING!On the way home my Mom decided we should eat at a local Molalla resturant. So we drive into town and pull into a parking lot and drive up to a house. There are no signs, but all the locals know that this is Big Burger. Suddenly a woman sticks her head out the window and takes our order. Next, my mom puts the car in park and we just wait outside the window until they prepare the food. As we waited for the food I noticed that the parking lot was full of trucks and the people exiting were rather rough. Then, you look across the sreet at the McDonalds and see the Yuppie crowd. So of course I had a burger, but the real treat was the famous Big Burger deep fried twinkie. It was a wonderful experience the twinkie melted in your mouth. I thought of Homer saying, "Mmm twinkies."
We had a great first night. I got to meet Grand Dad for the first time. I just loved chatting with him.
Thank you for the flower. I miss you guys so much. I really wish you could be here with me. You would love it!

2 remarks:
I'm so glad that you and Sarah Jane made it safely and that you are enjoying your stay. Portland really *IS* beautiful, isn't it? Yesterday we even had some blue skies, and today a light sprinkling of snow.....Enjoy your trip! And, I'll have to check out this "secret" restaurant. Sounds like something my hubby would love.....I'm assuming there is only one McD's in Molalla?
Glad you made it safe! I just love that pic of Sarah Jane!
Post a Comment