Adventures with Daniel

Saturday, January 19

So I am sure you are wondering who Daniel is.... well he is the voice of my Garmin GPS navigation system. My Mother-In-Law is in town and we wanted to go shopping for my birthday. So Daniel took us out to the King of Prussia mall. This was my first time without a guide. So I was constantly reading my map. I just had the most wonderful day. Shopping and shopping and shopping.

Our first stop was Crate and Barrel. The store was inspiring, but unfortunately I broke a French press while demonstrating how it works. "Oh %$#&, how much does that thing cost?" Mom yells. Whoops, I guess I shouldn't have done the demonstration. I felt so bad, but the sales gal didn't even seem to care. She was more worried about me getting cut on the glass instead of the $40 French press.

Although the highlight of our trip was getting kicked out of Victoria's Secret. Mom has lost 30+ pounds in the last few months and Victoria's Secret was having a huge sale. So we decided we needed to check it out. We were so amazed by the visual displays that we decided to take a photo of Mom with the display. Next, thing we know we are getting attacked by the sales team. "Excuse me you are NOT allowed to take any photographs in our store. This is our company policy." the very excited sales woman exclaimed. Whoops! So needless to say we took a photo outside the store. She is one sexy Mom!

While we are on the topic of Mom... I want to share that we had a great trip into Tiffany's. After realizing that we could afford NOTHING in the store. Mom wanted some type of souvenir. So over to the perfumes she goes. As soon as we got home she had Brian smell her wrist. Oh the fun things you can do when you don't have money to spend.

Thanks for such a fun day!

5 remarks:

Jena said...

Oh, Nancy...this post cracked me up for so many reasons...
1. LOVE that you name things (Daniel)...the Trailblazer is officially named "Tony Almaida" (from 24) but it's nickname is Tony. My previous car was Rosie.
2. I got kicked out of a store for taking pictures too! Only that time, they told me that they were going to call security if I didn't hand over my film so they could destroy it. It was the end of a roll and I was not about to do that, so I told them, "Don't worry, I'll never be back." and ran for it...Rudeness...and I never did go back...one of the "boycotted b/c they're rude" stores on my list.
3. Actually not on this post, but for some reason, I found it funny that Brian immediately made a fire when they snow started laying.
Thanks for the laughs...and memories! I'm going to say good-night to the Tonester.

Jena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebecca said...

Hey Jena and Nance! So, me too! My sis and I were received a security escort out of The Gap in high school for making a video in there. And we've also boycotted that particular one ever since. But the story does remind me a bit of our farm show escapde last year, Nance. These cameras mean nothing but trouble for us.

KK said...

I love it....LOL! It sounds like your trip with your mother-in-law was an exciting one...lol. My nickname for my Garmin is Jane...we have a ladies voice on ours. I also like to call it Garmy!

KK said...

I love it....LOL! It sounds like your trip with your mother-in-law was an exciting one...lol. My nickname for my Garmin is Jane...we have a ladies voice on ours. I also like to call it Garmy!