Little Book of Love

Tuesday, January 22

This afternoon the kids and I went to Carter's 2 year old well baby visit. He did a great job! For the first time ever he walked on the scale and got his height with no tears. He didn't even cry when he got his shot. Way to go little man!

When I arrived home I got the mail and found that I had received the recent issue of Red Envelope. Suddenly, I just started laughing and couldn't stop. The kids kept saying "Momma, Momma are you ok? why are you laughing?". Now look at the cover photo above. Are you laughing? I have played airplane with the kids many times and so has Brian, but I have NEVER thought that Brian and I should play airplane together. I am still just laughing at the idea. Not to mention that if attempted I might fall and crush him after his legs buckle from all the weight.

I also want to note that that not only are they able to successfully play airplane, but there are rose pedals showering them from above. Although I am really glad they decided to close the blinds.

So lets be honest. Have any of the moms out there attempted playing airplane with their spouse? If so, I would love to know if you looked just as graceful as the couple above?

I am thinking that Brian and I should now attempt this and post our picture so you can rate our form or lack of.

6 remarks:

Jena said...

Are you kidding? Ryan and I love to play airplane...especially with me being 8 months pregnant! He saves money on a gym membership and I save money on Hershey Park tickets! It's a win-win! Sometimes we have other couples over to play with us...I'm seeing a lot of potential for the next small group activity...ok, now I'm laughing hard picturing some of the couples in our small group playing! Thanks for the laugh!

Jena said...

P.S. PLEASE post a picture when you and Brian attempt this!

Jen said...

Oh my word! Hysterical!!!! Even Jena's comment - hysterical!

Kristen Oakes said...

After reading about the stories from yours and Linda's recent shopping trip, I wouldn't recommend airplane. No good can come of it. I did get the same catalog though, and wondered where they procured this catalog's product line from. It seemed like something I shouldn't leave lying around for Colten to find...

Susanne said...

Maybe they're doing yoga. Couples yoga.

KK said...

Oh my word...that is too funny! I love Jena's comment...LOL!

What a brave little boy Carter is! Way to go!