
Welcome to Carter Station. I am going to attempt to create a virtual tour of the party for our friends and family that weren't able to come to Carter's 2nd Birthday party.

"Welcome to my party I'm Conductor Carter."
Carter was not so sure about wearing the overalls. As soon as he was dressed he started pulling at the straps saying, "off, off, I want off 'pease'(please)" But by the end of the day we couldn't take them off. Brain even rolled his sleeves to make him look more like a working man.

As you entered Carter Station the house was filled with tons of balloons. Carter loved running through all the balloon strings. At the end of the party Hannah and Carter made two huge balloon bunches and were chasing each other around. I just love the love and giggles they share. Carter really looks up to Hannah and Hannah really loves to tell him what to do. I just pray that their loves continues through the years.

Next, we have the train cake. I decided that I wanted to make a train cake for the party and as I surfed the net I got the idea to make an actual train out of cake and various other food items. It was a lot of hard work and took a lot of man hours. Thank you to Sue! I don't know what I would have done without her help. At one point I thought I might have to move the party till Sunday just so the cake could be completed.

Our first activity was a train craft. Thanks to all the moms for their participation. I don't know how I would have done this task alone.

Hannah worked on her train until I finally had to clean off the table for our lunch.

Beck and Anna.

Owen and Jena with their completed project. Notice the driver of the train is a picture of each of the kids. I thought it came out really cute.

Although the highlight of craft time for me was when Carter kept gluing cotton balls to his fingers. He would start yelling "Momma help, Momma help!" If I didn't respond immediately he would start to really throw a fit. Oh the stress of being two. He kept putting his finger on the glue stick and then picked up the cotton balls. I just laughed because he truly couldn't figure out what was happening.

Girlfriends. At one point Anna started to cry for her mom and Hannah said, "it's ok Anna I will hold you." They stood there hugging and then Anna went and sat on her lap. Too cute! I just love that Hannah thinks she can hold Anna.

Kiddos table.

Blowing out the candles.

Carter was really not so sure about everyone singing to him. He started to cry, but we sang through it. He did blow out the candles all by himself. I am not sure if it was the blowing or the spit that actually put out the flames. The good news is that I made another cake for us all to eat. So Carter got to eat his train. I loved watching him pick apart the details. First, was the graham cracker roof. Although truthfully it was hard to watch all of the hard work gone in minutes. I now understand the guy that makes the most beautiful cakes and then leaves before the people eat them because he can't stand to see them cut the cake.

Carter are you eating your cake?

We ended by opening gifts.
Thank you to everyone that made this such a special birthday for Carter!
5 remarks:
Sorry to have missed all the fun. (I was busy playing cops and robbers at work when kids broke into 2 cars.) You should have a do-over party on this end of the state! The party looks like it was very cute though. What great ideas you have.
I'm enjoying your blog so much and I think you're truly amazing! What a fabulous birthday party for Carter....the train cake would make even Martha Stewart jealous!
Looks like Carter's 2nd birthday was a great one! I loved the train cake...soo cute!!
I love the pics of Carter in his overalls! He is so cute! Love the cake! It looks so good! Great job!
AWESOME CAKE! You really need to consider the idea you shared with me - how fun if it's something you enjoy! You know me - I hate baking cakes! That one is SO CUTE!
Post a Comment