God is so Good!!! Last night I prayed that God would give me the motivation and strength to get up this morning at 6am so I could clean the house, strip all the beds, and wash the sheets before taking the kids to Music and Motions. This doesn't seem so bad except I was up until midnight last night doing all the other laundry in the house.Last night as I was laying in bed and continuing to pray I just realized how much the Lord has given me and I am just so grateful! I have three perfect (most of the time) kids and a great husband who works so hard to provide for us. He even brought home my favorite dinner last night, chicken marsala, which was a really nice surprise. Thanks Honey.
Anyway I just want to give a shout out to all the moms out there. I know our job is so trying at times and all you want to do is give in BUT you are doing a great job! It is days like this one when I say Glory Glory Glory!

5 remarks:
I love Chicken Marsala too. Did he get it at Chili's? There's is pretty good. Have a great week!
Here's a shout out right back at you. Being a mother can definitely be overwhelming...I'm so glad that you were able to accomplish all that you wanted to, AND find the time to be grateful for what you have! :)
Nancy, I must say that you help inspire me to pray to God and then thank Him, even at times others wouldn't think to. As nerve-racking as last week was, what with another ER trip with Colten, at the end of the week, the doctors all gave him a clean bill of health. Plus, now I know that he does NOT have a brain tumor, a slow bleed, any facial fractures, tumors on his heart, and he hasn't ever had a "heart episode" with damage. Granted, I hadn't even thought to worry about half of those things (who knew that tumors could grow on the heart?), but now knowing everything that could have caused his fainting episode at gym, I now have the perspective to be thankful that it wasn't any of those items. (Genetics is another story, since I have apparently passed along some quirky predisposition to fainting.) It took something that seemed so scary and bad to realize how lucky we are. Just like that 5 inch long scar on the leg, that didn't involve any arteries or tendons. I know I am stronger now for having made it through all those scary days. And with practice, I know I will lean on God more and trust in his will more, when in the past I've wanted to believe that I could keep everything in control myself. And because of you, I am getting better at sharing my feelings about God. So thanks for being such a good inspiration!
Excellent post, Nancy - one that is needed so often in our lives! Thanks, friend!
PTL! What a great pic of Sarah Jane in the laundry basket! Now that pic just makes it all worth it!!!
Post a Comment