
As most of you know. I love to cook! At least I love to try. Moreover, Rebecca got me a beautiful cake stand for Christmas. So as soon as we got home from Christmas at my Dad's house my search for the perfect cake started. I didn't want my first cake to be just any ordinary cake. So finally I decided on a spice cake with coffee toffee crunch . Mmm.

Not only did I learn how to make a cake from scratch, but I learned how to make the frosting and the toffee. It was just a wonderful experience. Again Thank You Rebecca for stopping by and helping me flour the pans. I didn't even know how to do this. Anyway I had a great time making the cake even though I started at 11:00am and didn't finish until 5:30pm. I learned half way through that I needed something called a candy thermometer. I thought I might try my meat thermometer, but decided I should do it the right way... it was my first time. So thank you Brian for making a mid-day run to the store! I love you.

Here we go!

The toffee has espresso in it... which may be the reason I feel like I want to clean the house, do the laundry, run 4 miles, organize the toys, and .... So as I was saying there was coffee toffee in every layer of the cake. Did I mention it was six layers?

Not looking so much like the picture.

THE CAKE

Cutting the cake. I let Brian cut the cake... I held my breath that it would work. I am not so sure what I was worried about... I guess the cutting of the cake was the climax of the whole experience.

Enjoying the cake with Jena and Ryan. We had a fun night. Thanks for being so patient with me!!
6 remarks:
Way to go, Nanc! 6 layers - that's unbelievable! I LOVE to cook too, but baking is not something I love (I've figured out over the years)! But I'll have to keep trying for my family! I'm sure it tasted yummy!
Now that you have the first cake under youe belt, I'm sure it'll becoming a weekly thing, huh? (Brian wishes)
Everything was awesome...thanks again for a fun night!
That's the biggest cake I've ever seen. What a huge task for your first time! Great job!
It rocks! I'm super proud of you! Maybe we start a dessert club.
Wow-that is some cake. It inspires me to try one next weekend. But how many points is that...?
Maybe I should stick with the Chili Corn Bread Pie. Or I could make both, and the healthfullness of one would balance the other out!
Can't wait to see your next culinary adventure.
I just joined the blogging world...and I think I'm going to be totally addicted to it! Your cake looks awesome! DId it taste as good as it looks?:)
Post a Comment