This morning I was laying in bed looking at the above photo, which is me when I was 3 years old. As I lay there looking at the photo I was suddenly amazed that God knew at that moment that I would grow (literally) to be a mother. Looking at the cute, curly haired, pout face girl with not a care in the world I realized how amazing life's journey is.
Can you believe that was me??
Recent Belly Photo
Recent Belly Photo Right now I am on my third pregnancy and I am TRYING to enjoy every moment of it!! I have really had a difficult time lately with pain, sleepiness, and just the difficulty of having a HUGE belly while caring for 2 babies. It is funny to say 'babies' because I really look at Hannah Grace as a grown child, but just the other day a women made a comment that she is still such a baby and to enjoy every moment. I realized that having 2 other babies made Hannah grow up really fast in my eyes. EXCEPT for the potty training thing. wink.wink. Although she is now doing a great job! So anyway I am really grateful to take the time today to stop and share how grateful I am and how much I am enjoying everyday. Hannah continues to surprise me daily with new words and concepts. My favorite is when she does something and I suddenly realize that I do the EXACT same thing to her. For example, this morning I was laying on my bed in a very fragile state trying to relax my back as I was having SEVERE pain when suddenly through the air comes my darling, flying, 18 month old son who lands right on me. I yelped out in pain, which of course scared Carter. Then, here comes little Mommy "Carter tell Momma you are sorry. That is not nice to jump on other people. You hurt Momma now say sorry!" Hannah demands. Then she comes to my side and starts to rub my head and says "Momma, just lay down and relax. It was an accident. Carter is very sorry. He doesn't want you to be sad. RIGHT Carter?!" I really just love how she comforts me. She always gets me a blanket, rubs my head, arm or back and tells me to just relax. Moreover, Carter is such a character!! He really is a happy and animated little guy who is SO loving. I love when you give him some thing and he says 'dank ew'. Now I have this other baby who I just can't wait to meet!! Everyday I wonder is it a boy or a girl, are they prepared to deal with the crazy Turk house? Then, I realized that I should just enjoy the moments that I can see/feel this life moving around and be so grateful. Really I should be grateful for the amount of sleep this baby lets me have now. Funny Story: when I was pregnant with Hannah I remember being up in the middle of the night due to some discomfort being late in pregnancy and I thought to myself 'it will be so great when this baby arrives for I know that she will keep me company when I am awake in the middle of the night'. As most of you know that is not the case!! After that baby pops out sleeping is so much easier and now you have this baby who you keep company in the middle of the night. Ha Ha. The things you learn being a parent are priceless.
I think they should make one of those commercials about being a parent. Something like; At age 16 you get your driver's licence: $25. At age 21 you have your first beer: $5.50. BUT age 24 you become a parent: priceless. Although it could be so funny to say something like 2 year old locks you out of the house: priceless.
Okay I know that I am just all over the place with this babble, but I just want to share that I am so grateful to have a loving husband, great kids and friends and family that care so much!! I know that many of us can't wait for baby Turk, but for now I am going to be selfish and enjoy every moment of this pregnancy!!


1 remarks:
What a beautiful post, Nancy! You are so right to enjoy every minute of this pregnancy, and reflect on all of our blessings! Loved having you here tonight and look forward to hangin' out on Wednesday!
The "priceless" commercial idea is GREAT!
Post a Comment