Tonight we were invited over to the Hostetter's house for dinner. It was a rocky start, I wrote the house number down wrong and we went to the wrong house. I really wasn't sure what to say. I've made many wrong phone number calls in my life, but I've never gone to the wrong house. I am sure the women was shocked to open the door and find a family of 4 ready to eat.

Anyway Jena made us a traditional Lancaster County meal with ham loaf, pineapple stuffing, cheese potatoes, green beans, and fresh fruit. Jena was a little concerned about the ham loaf. She told me before hand that we will either hate it or love it. I must say that we LOVED it. I think I will go buy one tomorrow!! It was sorta like a honey baked ham, but even better. After dinner Brian went outside to check out Ryan's extreme hammock. If you haven't read the story please visit the Hostetter Hangout August 6th entry. Brian was really excited about it. I think he may try and join Ryan on the trip next year. The kids had a great time!! Thank you Hostetter Family for having us over!!

1 remarks:
Wow...that is some fast blogging! So glad you liked the hamloaf...just make sure you buy it at Wenger's and not Groff's...it tastes different. (Groff's isn't as "honey baked" tasting)Anyway, consider yourself pretty privileged, Ryan read your post tonight and he doesn't EVER read blogs! :-)
Post a Comment