This afternoon I went to have my nails done. When I arrived
there was someone else in the chair so I began to search for a color. I have found that I don't actually select the color by color but rather by name. I was wearing Romeo & Juliet, which is a color I chose because Brian smokes a type of cigar with that name so it made me think of him. Today, I decided to go with Chick Flick Cherry and I love it!! I needed something to brighten my world.
I went to the doctor yesterday and I figure I'm about 10 pounds heavier than I was when I was pregnant with Carter. In addition, as we were leaving the doctor's office Brian, always trying to add humor to the situation, started to sing "She's a brick house, letting it all hang out..." Suddenly I realized that is exactly how I feel right now!! I am just so uncomfortable in my body. So this song just plays on repeat in my head.
Thanks Honey!! The good news is that this baby will make an entrance soon and I will be off running once again. I have it all planned... drop Hannah Grace at Preschool go across the street to the jogging trail put both Carter and Baby Turk in the B.O.B. and RUN!!
I have this classic black velvet dress that I bought at Ann Taylor a number of years ago and I would love to wear it to an up coming black tie event. So I need to really hit the ground running. The dress is a size 8. So any encouragement would be great OR It would be wonderful if you have any other ideas for a great dress to forward them my way!! I may be doing some last minute shopping before this event. wink. wink.
Before I wrap up this blog entry I want to go back to the nail salon. It is amazing how easy it is to talk to total strangers about life. It's as if we think we can tell them anything and it is okay because we will never see them again, right?! Today a woman was getting a pedicure next to where I was sitting and she began to tell me all about her husband and their family and her brother-in-law. I just sat and chatted with her as she unfolded some rather personal information about the family. I just thought to myself 'what if I know the person she is talking about?' Okay so I had no idea who these people were, but what if I did know them? Do you show in the conversation you know this person or should you try and milk them for all the details or should you let them carry on or should you stop the conversation. So many choices!!
Actually, I was recently in this very situation. I was talking to a young college age girl when she started to talk about this horrible person that she had encountered. I suddenly realized that this 'horrible person' was a dear friend of mine. A friend that is so polite and gracious and far from horrible. So I am left with knowing who she is talking about and not knowing what to do. I thought maybe I should correct her and stand up for this friend. Tell this young girl that maybe it was just an off day this woman really is loving and kind. BUT I didn't know this girl very well if at all so I decided I shouldn't tell her because then she might think I was just as horrible for being friends with the woman. However, I did make some comments that everyone has a bad day and that we should always give them a second chance. So now... do I tell the friend that someone thinks she is so rude and horrible?? Anyway these are the types of situations in life where I feel their is no correct answer. In conclusion, I think that I have brought this situation to a resolution.
Anyone else been here before?? Anyone heard anything horrible about me? I think I might like to hear about it?!
4 years ago

2 remarks:
I have not heard anything horrid about you. The only thing I heard about you is that you are pregnant, and that makes me the happiest grammah in the State of Pennsylvania!!! (And,from Hannah's point of view, the grandma takes the baby out of the bed to play)
But, One night Rob and I were at Eat and Park talking about a woman that we know and how mean she had been lately. When the lady in the booth behind us got up, it was her!!! I will NEVER NEVER do that again. Thank the good Lord she didn't hear us.
Okay, I have no idea how to answer your situation, but I have the perfect nail color for you when you're closer to your due date..."It hurts!" That was the OPI nail color I chose the day before I went into labor!!! Perfect, huh! I go by the name rather than the color most days too! P.S. You are adorable and gorgeous, not a brick house! :-)
Post a Comment