Today, was the second very rainy day and from the looks of the weather it is going to continue until next week. So I decided to get the kids out of the house. We have a great playroom with lots of really fun toys, but they are the same toys that we always play with. So when you are stuck inside for days at a time and you don't want to watch movies/TV all day you need to be creative.
So we took a trip to the library. Hannah and Carter love going to the library because we usually go for story time and they give us snacks. Today we didn't get any snacks, but we had a great time!! I don't know if I have shared this with you, but our library has an entire floor dedicated to the children. They even have a toddler area where the kids are contained and can read board books, do puzzles, play with blocks or play with one of the many stuffed animals/dolls. I usually try to get the kids to sit and listen to some of the stories in the reading area which is a circular room with stadium seating. It is so fun to just cuddle with the kids and read books. Today we read about 4 books and did a lot of playing/exploring.
I love going to the library because I love books. I am so dangerous if you let me loose in a Borders or Barnes and Noble. However, at the library I can pick up as many books as I want and it is all free!! Not to mention that if I don't like the book when I get home I can just take it back.
So today I found the book Fancy Nancy, which I've heard is a truly wonderful children's book. Well today I read the book and I LOVE IT!! I feel like it is so fitting for myself and especially Hannah. For those of you who have read the book I can see Brian sitting at McDonald's wearing a crown and gold slippers trying to lay low with his sunglasses on, but Hannah would be so proud of her Daddy she wouldn't let him keep much of anything on the DL. What about the part where she tapes the crown on her little brother to teach him to be fancy. I think this may already have occurred in our house. Poor Carter really takes a lot from his fancy sister. Hannah likes to make sure that Carter has a purse and baby at all times. I am trying to teach her that Carter just wants to carry his mobile phone and a football. Anyway I could talk about this book for a long time, but I will just stop by saying that if you haven't read this book you need to!! I think I need to buy this book for Hannah's birthday!!
4 years ago

0 remarks:
Post a Comment