Like a Dimond

Thursday, August 2

We are so excited that the beds are almost here. They called to say they are on the way. Hannah Grace keeps telling everyone "I am going to sleep at the ceiling and Carter will sleep down, because he is a baby." The next very common question most people ask Hannah is 'Hannah how will you get up to the ceiling?', to which she replies " I will have to climb a ladder, because I am big like a mommy." I am not sure that I like the idea of 'being big' like a Mommy? Does this mean that I am big and if so in what way? *laughing* Moreover, the other day Hannah Grace was visiting with our neighbor Mrs. White and Hannah told her, " I can't wait to sleep at the ceiling. I will be like a diamond." This came from the song, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, that Hannah sings continuously. I just love hearing the kids think. Carter now stands at the end of the hall and yells " Nannah, Nannah!" Too cute!

As for my feelings on the bed arrival I am feeling very excited, but a little nervous. Both kids are such great sleepers and I hope that continues even though they are in the same room.

A little funny side note: Brian and I still do not own any bedroom furniture. We have a box spring, mattress and our dressers from college. We were laughing in the car yesterday that we have such great furniture for all the kids, but we never invested in furniture for us. whoops! I think we will wait till we buy a house and get something that works in the Master Suite (or so I hope we have).

Hopefully we will all get some good rest and I will have enough energy to blog about they new bed experience!!

2 remarks:

Jen said...

Those beds are gorgeous! How exciting! I must say that I completely understand the "Big Mommy" thing - when my daughter, 3, said the same thing, I didn't know what to think either...she still says, "When I grow up, I'm going to be BIG like a mommy!" Hmmm - does that mean that I'm a BIG mommy? She began saying that when I was pregnant also, so, of course, I had to think that one through! :-) Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Love the beds...now getting Hannah to climb the ladder will be the trick! :-) Thanks for a great morning...I'll be talking about those chicken snadwiches for a long time...I already described them to my mom in full detail. I think I see a Hostetter soup & sandwich night in my very near future!
Have a great rest of the day!
~Jena