I am so bummed that we didn't have the camera for this one!! Tonight our neighbors, Joann & Earl, told us about the new grocery store opening. Brian and I have never been to a grocery store opening so we thought we should check it out. As we pull up people are just pulling their cars off the road into a corn field and jumping out and running to get in line to enter the store. Brian was really bummed that we didn't plan a tailgating party!! After waiting in line to get in the store you wait in line to get through the store. At every other aisle there is a person offering some type of sample. You are not able to buy anything. It is just the viewing of the store for the first time and tons of free samples.
Okay I need to take a moment to talk about these samples. They were very good crab cakes, cookies, salads, salsa and chips, soup, soda, and much much more. Now here comes the part we need to chat about... the people were SUPER RUDE!! People would just cut in and grab the sample and move on. YES we are in line and we are waiting for the same thing, but it was truly amazing to me that people weren't even phased by this behavior. I don't think that some of these people had eaten in a week. I was really waiting for a fight to break out amongst the silver hair. I felt like if any one should be cutting and grabbing it should be Brian and I with 2 little kids and a huge belly.
Anyway the store was beautiful and the staff was great!! They even have 'shopper in training carts', which are real carts made for little people like Hannah. It has a really tall flag on it so you can see them coming and it says shopper in training. I think this may be one of the reasons that we change grocery stores. The other big reason is that it is a local family that owns and operates the store and we love to support local businesses.
Anyway here is the link if you want to check it out. Just CLICK HERE.
4 years ago


2 remarks:
That cracks me up, people pulling off the road and parking in cornfields for the new grocery store!
I am excited about Darrenkamps - it will be such a nice addition to this town! Cracks me up though about the people in line for food - ridiculous!
Post a Comment