As a parent I have learned that my favorite days are not the kids favorite days. I love to go on adventures all over town, but the kids would love to stay in pajamas and play at home all day. So today was all about the kids. We watched Mickey Mouse and ate our breakfast. Then we went down to the play room that Brian and I built this past weekend. We had a blast Hannah was playing house and Mommy, which meant that Carter and I had to be very quiet because her baby was sleeping. Needless to say Carter and I got in trouble a few times for waking up the baby. Oops! Carter and I were playing race cars, puzzles and ball. I cannot believe how well Carter is throwing the ball. Of course he threw the ball behind himself a few times, but for the most part he was throwing it right to me. I just love to watch the kids grow. It was really fun working on the puzzles with Carter because I remember working on the same puzzles with Hannah while I was pregnant with Carter. After playing for a while Hannah decided we should have a story time, which means that we put a blanket on the floor and get lots of pillows. Since we were in the playroom we had our GIANT stuffed dog, ruff, who made a great pillow. We read all the Elmo books we own. I think the kids just love to hear my silly Elmo voice.Next, Brian came home and decided to have a meeting in our dining room. So we had to get dressed for the day. LOL. So off we went to the bath tub. The kids had so much fun and I had even more fun watching them. Hannah washed her baby over and over telling her to look up so she didn't get water in her eyes. Carter was eating the bubbles, which meant that he looked like an old man with a beard. After brushing teeth and drying Hannah's hair we went on an outside adventure. We walked all over the development. Hannah kept saying, "don't walk on the road it is 'dicky' " When we did have to cross the road she would tell Carter, "no touch Carter, or you will get all 'dicky' and I don't like to get 'dicky'". Next we took the Cozy Coupe out for a drive in the back 'ward'6 (that is how Hannah says back yard).
Believe me that I was ready to go in for lunch before we even got outside. I still think it is TOO HOT to do much of anything outside. So we had a peanut butter and jelly lunch with Daddy and went down for naps.
This brings us up to the current time. I am just loving our kids today. Oh I forgot to mention that Carter is talking up a storm now, but Hannah keeps correcting him. Since she is the language expert, which is illustrated in the above paragraphs. Carter will say "ruck" and Hannah will say, "Carter that is not a ruck it is a truck". It is so fun to listen to them figure out the English language!! Well I am going to take advantage of this quiet time. I hope all are doing well!!

0 remarks:
Post a Comment