Samantha & Mollymy childhood dolls
When I was 8 years old my Grandmother started me on the American Girl Dolls. When I got my first catalog there were only 3 dolls to choose from Kirsten, Samantha, and Molly. Now they have a selection of have 13 Historical Character Dolls, 1 Girl of the Year Doll, or a Just Like Me Doll which, is where you create a doll that looks just like you.
Allison has a Bitty Baby which is the American Girl Doll for girls 3+. Hannah asks to go over and play with Bitty all the time. She loves to dress her, feed her, give her a rattle etc.
So anyway I decided that I think I will invest in the Bitty Baby for Hannah Grace. I wanted to buy her a Madam Alexander doll, which was my first baby doll. The photo to the right looks just like my baby doll, Sweetie Pie. My Grandmother would make sure that my baby doll and I were always wearing matching outfits. I have so many photos of me with sweetie pie and we always had matching outfits. That is just so amazing to me. I have a hard enough time getting clothes on all the kids let alone dress a doll to match.Anyway I was so excited looking up all the information online I went down to our storage room in search of Samantha and Molly and I found them. Brian thought it was slightly odd that I was so excited. Anyway American Girl has a doll hospital where you can send the doll away and they restore them, wellness check up, and they return with a hospital gown, hospital bracelet, get well balloon, Certificate of Good Health, and a band aid sticker. So in my excitement I decided I wanted to send them away to get a check up and then I will give one of them to each of the girls. I don't think Carter will mind if he doesn't get one. So now I need to decide whether to send them to the doll hospital now and put them in storage again, send them to the doll hospital now and put them on display in the girls' room or just wait until the girl get older and send them together? I think Hannah would think it was really cool to send her doll to the hospital now. Anyway let me know what you think?

3 remarks:
I vote for sending them now. Prices will only get higher. Then you have time to decide what to do after they come home.
I didn't know they did that! Good luck with that decision! In our house the girls own the dolls and the boys get to play with them if they've given their permission (which they always do). I'm big on not being gender specific on what they play.....the boys can play dress up, dolls, barbies, etc. I just don't buy those toys for them......:)
I'd send them to the hospital and put them on display!
You can get the girls a special American girl doll of their own to play with and to treasure when they get older!
Post a Comment