Dinner is Ready!

Saturday, April 26

I just want to pat myself on the back for a moment. When Brian and I got married I was able to make him Kraft Mac and Cheese and that is about it. Well I did make Hamburger Helper a few times. My favorite story was the time I asked him what he wanted me to make. I wanted it to be a really special dinner. So he asked me to make a steak. I was so excited I got to the grocery store and bought a flank steak brought it home and just threw it on the George Foreman. I am sure many of you are already gasping at my stupidity. So proudly I served Brian his Steak and let me mention that I didn't worry about any type of garnish or side for that matter. End of the story is that our Weimaraner wouldn't even eat the meat.

The truth was that I had never even cooked meat. Brian had to teach me how to cook chicken. Anyway I was not into trying anything I liked chicken and that was it. No steak. No pork. No Fish. etc. So since we have bee married I have really tried to learn more about cooking. I must thank my Mother-In-Law for much of the guidance.

Now getting to the picture. Thursday night I wanted to try something new. I can now cook pork, steak, chicken and many other things. BUT I haven't tried fish. So Thursday night I made Brian Sole stuffed with scallops and crab meat served on a bed of brown rice and sauted spinach. I must admit that it was good.

2 remarks:

Jena said...

1. Wow! I'm impressed, once again! That looks so delish!
2. I say to send them (the dolls) back now...Hannah is at a great age to do that and by the time Sarah is into it, Hannah may not be...Hannah can always explain, in detail, the whole thing to Sarah someday!
3. LOVE those rock-climbing pictures!

Claremont First Ward said...

Super impressed. Again. I can't believe how far you've expanded your cooking repetoire. Can I come for dinner? :)