LBD

Monday, April 21

In 1926, the French designer, Coco Chanel unveiled her little black dress. Chanel intended for the dress to be long-lasting, versatile, affordable, accessible to the widest market possible and in a neutral color, its continued ubiquity is such that many refer to it by its abbreviation, LBD. It is believed to be an essential part of the wardrobe, by many women and fashion observers, who believe it a "rule of fashion" that every woman should own a simple, elegant black dress that can be dressed up or down.The LBD is arguably the right answer to nearly any fashion dilemma, easy to dress up with pearls and heels or dress down with a cropped sweater and flats. Since it is meant to be a staple in the wardrobe for a number of years, the style of the little black dress ideally should be as simple as possible, but still sexy.

Today the world is "going green" and so has the little black dress. Now eco-conscious labels have made it simple to oblige your inner green fashionista with their use of bamboo, hemp silk, and organic cotton. Some of my favorites are below. My favorite is from Brook There. It is the dress in the middle.

2 remarks:

Jena said...

Gotta love the little black dress...another great thing about them is that they NEVER go out of style! I like the middle one too!
Cute post, Jacky O!

Claremont First Ward said...

The middle one is my favorite too. Now, I know that the LBD is a staple (and I have one too), but I'd like to know how often people actually wear them, and where! Maybe I'm just feeling sorry for myself for not having many occasions to wear one.