flowers & fruit

Thursday, April 10

Happy Anniversary to the Love of my life!

I don't think I could have had a more wonderful day! The weather was just as beautiful and warm as the day we got married. This afternoon the kids and I went through the car wash and cleaned out the car. I guess this is what happens after a few years of marriage. I remember Brian picking me up for dates in his shiny clean car with every last detail polished.
This evening Brian took me to The Pressroom in Lancaster. He knows they make one of my favorite meals and they had live jazz. So we enjoyed a delicious meal and then sat at the bar to enjoy the music and each others company. It is amazing that I think I love him more this year than last. It was such a romantic evening . Thank you for 4 wonderful years and 3 perfect children.
I will admit that I was a little concerned when I read the card: "Another year, another baby seems to be the trend!" I thought we were done, at least for a few years?! Our theme for gifts this year was flowers and fruit so I decided I would have to go to Harry and David for the fruit and for the flowers I got sterling silver cuff links that had a photograph of our wedding flowers under glass. Although the cuff links didn't quite work out. As for Brian's gift this year I was very worried because he was very excited about my gift because he has put so much thought into it. If you remember last year he put a lot of thought into my gift and I got a pregnant figurine. It was a wonderful gift, but I wasn't all that excited. Actually I wasn't sure what the message was, 'this is what you have looked like for all the years we've been married' Anyway thank you Honey it was all the thought you put into it that made it so special. Needless to say this year you TOTALLY redeemed yourself. I don't think I will need anymore gifts this year! I love you for knowing me so well. I think I had more fun at the playground trying out my gift than the kids did playing for hours.

7 remarks:

Susanne said...

Happy Anniversary!

Claremont First Ward said...

Wait? What was the gift? Another baby? j/k. Happy Anniversary.

Jen said...

So...........what was the gift??????

Kristen Oakes said...

Yeah, I'm with everyone else...what was the gift, and why were you trying it out at the playground? (This coming from me, who asked for a Nintendo DS for her 29th birthday, after being given an Ipod for a 5 year wedding anniversary gift!)

Grandma said...

How beautiful you look in that picture! Happy anniversary to a great couple.
Mom

Jena said...

So glad you had a great day...looks like you're going to have to spill the beans on the gift... :-)

KK said...

Happy Anniversary!!!