Day @ the Spa

Monday, May 5

What a wonderful morning! The sun shining, my handsome husband taking the time to chat before he left for a busy day. I got a hot shower, new outfit, and my summer make up on. I knew I had to run out to the grocery store and post office this morning.
Now reality hits and I have to get all four kids ready to go. Finally, I got everyone loaded in the car and we had a great time at the grocery store. The kids were all very well behaved and they love that everyone stops us in the store. I think it must be because I am smiling amidst the chaos of 4 kids 3 years and under. So I pull up at the check out and realize that my darling Hannah had taken my wallet out at home. BUMMER. So now I graciously get out of line put all my grocerys back on the shelves because I need to use the cart to get all the kids to the car safely. So I load the kids back up and head back to our home. I ran in got the wallet and my mobile phone. Good thing I grabbed my phone because I happened to be talking to Jen on the phone and telling her about my wonderful morning and she said "Why don't you just drop the kids off with me?" I laughed and told her I was just about to pass her house so she should make offers like that. Well she insisted that I dropped off the kids. THANK YOU JEN!! So I left Hannah, Carter, & Sarah Jane.
I got back to the grocery store with Allison all went well and then I stopped at the post office. I felt like it was a day at the spa. Only one child to cart around. I felt like I should just soak up every moment. I forgot how easy it was just having one child. I am still feeling like I am on cloud nine. Thank you so much to a great friend, Jen. I owe you.

I am just so grateful for all the support and friends that I have made since moving here about a year ago. I am just starting to realize how many truly wonderful people are in my life. I have someone at a moments notice. Thank you to all of you. We really need to plan a girls weekend away without the kids. I am sure the guys would love to watch all the kids. Brian made a comment about going to Olive Garden with Mike, Steve and Ryan. Can you imagine? I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall for that one.

2 remarks:

Jen said...

I am soooooo thrilled I could help you out! It was not a problem at all! Now, is this Olive Garden with just the guys for a night out OR Olive Garden with the guys AND kids while we are at the spa??????? :-)

Claremont First Ward said...

What a thoughtful friend you have! I totally know where you are coming from. When I only have (3) kids to cart around I feel like I'm on a mini vacation. haha. Give me just one and I don't even know what to do with myself.