Sticks and Stones

Monday, August 11

We had a wonderful family day on the hiking trail. The kids did a lot of walking and Dad even found them sticks. Brian was trying to teach them how to use the 'walking sticks'. Below is Carter trying to put the stick in front of him and then walk to the stick. Doesn't that look like what he is doing? Most of the time they just pulled the sticks behind them which was really fun because on our trip back we got to follow the stick trail. We even left drawings to find on our walk back. Hannah thought it was really awesome.

walking with Dad

Kiddos

Carter waved to every passing bicycle.

Overall we had a great time. Hannah did take a fall and get some 'blood'. I love how Hannah describes it, "Look, I got blood. That is an ouch, Carter"

Later that night Brian took Hannah and Carter over to the Hilsher Camp Grounds. Hannah walked in the door and yelled, "Momma we had a BLAST!" I just love to watch them grow.

2 remarks:

Carrie said...

We always enjoy taking family walks at the trail, too. We even bought bikes to ride and a kiddo trailer to pull them in. Let us know if you'd like to borrow them!

Grandma said...

I have a picture of Brian and Gary walking down the dirt road behind our house that looks so much like the one you took! I will have to look it up and send it to you.