I know we have been missing in action. We have had three sick kiddos. Hannah and Sarah Jane have had temperatures of 103 and ear infections. Carter has an ear infection. All three kiddos have this horrible cold. So we have been laying low.Anyway last Sunday we weren't able to go to church with all the sick kids so we had church at home. We prayed, sang and did a Bible lesson. We did the story of Dorcas, which is in Acts 9:36-42. Here was the emphasize of our lesson: Dorcas was known for doing good, helping the poor, and making clothes for other people. She demonstrated love by serving and helping others. So after the lesson we made clothes, which basically was just cutting some holes in old pillow cases and drawing designs on the clothes that reminded us of the story. After we talked about everything the kids went down to the toy room and picked out toys they wanted to give to the poor children. We stressed that we don't give away the things we don't want. We give way the things that we love. So they each picked out toys and we took them to goodwill.
So their were some funny parts too:
1. when I started reading the lesson Hannah starts to giggle and says "Dorcas is a really silly name." To which Brian replies "yes. It is a silly name." So now I am feeling like we are supposed to be honoring the Lord not laughing at Bible names so at an attempt to "fix" this situation I talked about how God gave us each different and special names. I am giving Brian the look so of course he chimes in and tries to help. All right truth be told... I really wanted to laugh.
2. After everything was over I asked Hannah what she had learned in our lesson today. Hannah replied, "I learned that Dorcas was a nice lady that helped naked people by making them purple clothes."

3 remarks:
Nancy, This is awesome! I love the peaceful look on Carter's face. Hannah learned that lesson well, I love her response. It is precious!
Hysterical! And HOW Awesome to have church at home - GREAT IDEA and great lessons for the kids as well~you are a FABULOUS MOMMY!
That is too cute! So did Hannah name her new Bitty baby Dorcus...lol!
Post a Comment