Time

Tuesday, July 29

Beep Beep. Beep Beep. The alarm sounds, concerns left over from yesterday suddenly clutter my mind. A list of things to do surfaces in my mental planner. Next, I have lots of decisions to make. What to wear? Do I have time to exercise before the kids are awake? Coffee or Juice? When did life become so busy.

How many times a day do I say "So much to do, so little time?" I feel this as I look at my mountain of laundry, piles of dirty dishes, blog posts in my mind and what about those photo albums I wanted to put together. Oh yeah and I think I just bought some books I wanted to read. Wait I have got to call ____ and oh yeah that thank you note to ____. I can't forget to send out those birthday cards and isn't so and sos anniversary next week? I have got to get Hannah out the door to school. *sigh of resignation*

STOP!

What has come of this world we live in? It is carved in our being by society that we must be so busy with these plans of improvement, gain and success. Why do we have these class reunions? We all want to be successful and of course we want to have lost at least 10 pounds since high school. Right? This is why it is so important to keep our focus. I feel like it is so easy to be swept away in this material world. Lately, I have been pruning. I want to rid myself of all these wants, desires and self-absorbed plans.

This is where I slow down. I remember that starting my day with the Lord smooths the way. All of my priorities fall into place. All the decisions and planning do not distract me. I am ready and confident. It is then that I recognize how truly blessed I am with a loving husband who meets my every need, 3 perfect children, a home, and food on the breakfast table. I should probably be grateful that we have gas in the car too.

In life we get so busy, stressed and obligated. What is the common factor? Time. God is not bond by time nor does time matter to him. He works through our trials.. . that is why it is so important to pray and turn it over to him. Give it ALL to him.. He can handle it! I feel like at times I can not stay afloat another minute. It could be a trying day with the kids or an empty bank account when checks need to go out. No matter the situation whether it is mild or serve I need to pray. I heard a saying once, "Why pray when you can worry." Isn't that the truth? The best part is that God can do anything and you never know what surprise is around the corner.

So just when you think all is lost. Stop. Pray. and Open your eyes to the surprise around the corner. Just remember that it might not be what you were hoping for. So many times God has answered me with something I never even imagined. So today I am grateful for my trials. I feel at moments that I don't have a breath or any idea of my next decision. Sometimes even those small things like what to cook for dinner can feel overwhelming those are the times I need to keep my focus. So please pray. I appreciate it when you leave me a comment/remark. Even if you just say 'thinking of you' at least I know you read this.

At times I feel like these emotional posts are so childish, but I also pray that this may touch someones heart. Please let me know so I can pray for you.


6 remarks:

Jen said...

Nancy, I needed this post today! YES, I will be praying for you, as I know you are praying for me! I'm so thankful for these friends in my life who God uses to say the right things at just the right times! Keep on keeping on! Your perspective is where it needs to be! God is sooooo good and has the perfect plan for all of us!
Love you! Jen

angie said...

Amen, Sister!

Grandma said...

May God continue to bless you and your beautiful family. You have really given all of us your heart today, this was a beautiful post.

Jena said...

Great post, Nance! I appreciate your friendship so much (even if we haven't seen each other since the Spring! :-) and your advice! I'll be praying for you with the decisions you have to make and the wear and tear of your daily life!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful words to make us all grateful for the blessings we have! I will always have you in my prayers & appreciate all you give to us!

KK said...

What a great post! I am thankful for my trials b/c it is what turly brings me closer to God. It is so awesome to see God answer prayers when you give it all to him. Thanks for this post!