
Let's be honest. Do you use everything in your pantry? This weekend I had the privilege of cleaning out/ organizing the pantry closet. During the reorganization I found 2 cans of white kidney beans. Who bought them? Why? What now? These were the questions in my head as I put them on the top shelve thinking they would be good for a food drive. WAIT! If I don't know what to do with these beans then what is the food drive going to do with them. I learned from a dear friend that you should donate things of value to yourself.
So back to the pantry. I just read Angie's post for the day and I thought what a GREAT idea! So here is my challenge I think we should try to use these things taking up space in the pantry. I want you to post items you have and maybe we can make something together. BTW if you have a recipe that calls for 2 cans of white kidney beans give me a call.
4 years ago

5 remarks:
you could make some white chili!
I watched a well known Christian woman speak on tv a few years back about the subject of giving of our possessions. She discussed how we should not give our worst just because we don't want it anymore, but actually give our best. She is very wealthy and described how she had been shopping and she felt moved to give away three of the brand new dresses she had bought for herself. She challenged us in her message to give something that would actually be a real sacrifice and that might be painful and a real loss at first, but so much more rewarding in the end. After I heard that message I have never felt the same way about giving. There are other points she made which I will tell you in person,because it's too much to write. So I agree that you shouldn't give them to the food bank. Maybe they would be good cold in a salad? Like some kind of a seven layer thing?
I made taco soup tonight with all kinds of cans I found in my pantry. It must be clean out the pantry day!! I would recommend throwing them in a soup of some sort. I have a recipe for a really good tortellini soup that they would work in.
Bean Stuff
I know it sounds gross, and Bob makes fun of me for it, but it was an old Weight Watchers recipe and it is very filling for relatively few calories...or the fiber and protein cancel out the calories or something. It calls for one can each of everything, but you could sub your 2 cans of cannelli beans for something else.
Mild salsa (1 jar)
black beans
kidney beans
chick peas
yellow corn
chopped tomatoes (again, 1 can)
Uncle Ben's Spanish rice
Cook rice
Drain beans-add all ingredients to large pan
Warm
can be served warm or cold
makes a HUGE batch
1 cup = 1 WW point, and is very filling
I have a great crockpot chili recipe if your interested
Post a Comment