On Tuesday I post the article about the Sons of Iraq by my brother Tom. For those of you wondering my brother spends a lot of his time in the Middle East. He really enjoys working over there. A few times he has told me to come visit with the kids, but I don't think I am ready for that.
Tom works with The Christian Science Monitor which is an international daily newspaper published Monday through Friday. Many people have asked if it is a religious periodical. No, it's a real newspaper published by a church in Boston, Mass. Everything in the Monitor is international and US news and features, except for one religious article that has appeared each day in The Home Forum section since 1908, at the request of the paper's founder, Mary Baker Eddy. If you have more questions I have found this link to The Christian Science Monitor be very informative.
Tom is now reporting from Baghdad, Iraq.
Now, that you have a little more background I wanted to share this section called Reporters on the Job. Tom is featured in this section while writing the article on the Sons of Iraq. In the section they share the story behind the story. Basically Tom tells what he went through to get this story. Click on this link to read more Ice Cream with the Boys.
I am looking forward to tomorrow's story. Tom said, " Tomorrow's features a reporter on the job where I'm physically carried out of a swimming pool by an Iraqi teenager who took pity on me on account of my frailty." Can't wait to hear more.

2 remarks:
I'm looking forward to reading your brother's articles from the mid-east. That's an amazing picture, I hope he remains safe!
Wow...what an experience for you brother! I agree with the comment about...that pic is amazing. I will pray for safty for your brother while he is in the Middle East.
Post a Comment