The Turks

Thursday, March 13

We had a wonderful visit with David and Autumn. They arrived on Friday night and the kids were so excited to see them. Hannah wanted to show them their bed because they were having a sleepover at our house.
Saturday morning Brian and I made our traditional Saturday morning waffles. Then left to go to the Lancaster Market. We bought some fresh cheese, fresh bread, cookies, and pussy willows. Brian is still trying to understand why I would want to put these sticks in our house with no flowers. I love them! Saturday night we went out for a date.
Our date night started at McCleary's Public House. The architecture was amazing and the counters were all copper. Great find Honey!

Our next stop was at Bebu's Brewery.

They took us on a tour on our way to the table. The photo above is the hole where the skinny workers would crawl in the barrels to wash them. Although they did not have light and could not light a candle with all the fumes. After cleaning for about 4 hours the workers were intoxicated and sent home with a full day of pay. Maybe this is one of the jobs that you would see on the show 'dirty jobs'.

Here we go 43 feet under Mount Joy into the Catacombs. I don't know how to explain it... the atmosphere was great but I did feel like a teenage mutant ninja turtle might be lurking around the corner.

Thanks for a great visit David and Autumn. We miss you guys and wish you lived a little closer.

3 remarks:

KK said...

Isn't Bube's Brewery so neat! I'm so glad you guys got to have such a neat date!!!

KK said...

Oh, by the way that is a great pic of you and Brian!

Claremont First Ward said...

How neat! LOVE your coat. The picture of you and your hubby is AWESOME!