Bankrupt

Thursday, March 20


My Menu for Easter Brunch:
Spinach and Gruyere Quiches
Ham w/ Parsley-Mustard Sauce
Spring Salad w/ Tangy Vinaigrette
Lemon-Ginger Bunt Cake

So on my HOT date tonight Brian took me over to Wegman's because I needed a few unusual items for the above menu. The one that gave me the most trouble was the Crystallized Ginger. I don't know maybe it isn't that unusual, but I sure haven't heard of it. However, I am also the girl that a few years ago when making cookies called my dear Mother-In-Law to ask if I could use coke, because it was the only soda I had. She quickly responded, "NO! You need baking soda. I will be right over." So anyway when I finally found the crystallized ginger it was $11 for this little spice bottle. This better be the best Bunt Cake ever! Although I did have a blast just wondering the aisles for an hour or so. Thanks for a great date Honey!!

3 remarks:

Claremont First Ward said...

Can I come over for brunch? YOu have come a LONG way cooking wise........LOVE the soda story.

Susanne said...

WHERE is there a Wegman's around here? I always go to the one in Bethlehem at my mom's. I didn't think there was one around here...Hope you had a great Easter.

Jena said...

Sounds delish!
Date night to the grocery store...you can tell you're a super-busy mother of 3!!