Friday we were up early in the barn. I had fun cleaning water and feed buckets, making horse meals, and grooming horses. It was so fun watching Stephan ride. It is like he is directing the horse to dance gracefully around the arena. It is truly breath taking. He is very gifted with the ability to communicate to the horse.As for riding I did a little riding on Salem's Riverfront Carousel. You need to check out the link and read more about it, but it is basically a hand carved carousel. Each horse is crafted by a master craftsman and each has a story. Above each horse is their name. In the photo above Sarah Jane and I were riding Snickerdoodle. Although we really wanted to ride Sarah Jane. Yes that is right there is a horse on the Carousel named Sarah Jane. She is actually the horse that is featured on the front of their broucher. However she was out getting repainted and won't be back until next month. Even so we had a great time reading about the horses, taking pictures, and visiting with the staff. I can't wait to take all the kids on the Carousel.
Sarah Jane on Larry the Circus Pony.Click below to view all the photos.



5 remarks:
I've never been to this, but my children would love it......is that your mom next to you in the bop picture? Sarah Jane looks so cute in her pink and brown outfit!
Yay! I'm so glad you can blog from OR! Hope you have a ball. We hosted Bri and the kids for dinner last night and you would be pleased to know all were happy, groomed and reasonably well-dressed. Also, Anna was thrilled that Carter brought Tiger to visit Anna. Talk to you soon!
So happy you're blogging while there and having a great time! We miss you here in PA, and we had a great time in your home last evening - Brian was an excellent host!!!! (You were very missed by the gals!)
Great pics! Looks like you are having a great time!!!
I can never get over how much you and your mom look alike!
Great picts!!
Post a Comment