Q: what is Carter's middle name and why don't I use it?
A: Carter Peter. His middle name is my maiden name. I wanted to name him Peter, but Brian said no. So I settled for it as a middle name. The reason I don't use it is because I don't need to. When Hannah started school I found out that her names was very common so instead of being Hannah T the rest of her life I decided to have her called Hannah Grace used as just her first name. As for my little Sarah Jane... Brian wanted to name her Sarah and I wanted to name her Jane so I could call her Janie. So I was calling her Janie and Brian was calling her Sarah so I decided that I really like that she was Sarah Jane. I don't know that this makes sense, but I love my kids names and I want to use them all the time. Side note: It sounds funny when I call Carter, Carter Peter because it is still a last name to me so I think of him as a Peter instead of a Turk. So anyway I know this is a really long answer to a simple question, but I hope this helps you to understand.
4 years ago

1 remarks:
Thank you for clearing up the mystery! I do remember now that his middle name is Peter, but after not hearing it in so long....I needed a refresher. I agree with your associating Peter as a last name more than a middle name as well. I liked the idea of not having Hannah be Hannah T her whole life. I was Kristen G. in kindergarten. Fortunately for me, Kristen R. kept writing her name backwards, so by 1st grade, I was the only Kristen in the class again!
Post a Comment