It is official. I have finally started a bean box for my kiddos. I loved my bean box as a child and I am still loving to play in the beans. Almost as much as Daddy.
We were starting to get a little cabin fever so I thought it would be the perfect time to bring in the beans. Hannah and Carter have different measuring instruments to measure out beans and I have a few sorting and filling activities that are fun too.I am also using the beans as a reward. The kids earn tickets for doing their chores and when they earn five tickets they get to pick out a new bag of beans at the store, which they think is so COOL.


4 remarks:
What a great idea...and virtually mess free! Hmmm...I might have to "borrow" that one from you! I SOMETIMES let the girls wash dishes in a basin while I am washing dishes...but that is waaaaayyyyy messier!
I've never seen a bean box. Really cool!
OMW! Best idea ever! Love the rewarding idea as well! Kids do LOVE to play with this kind of stuff! It makes me miss those kindergarten teaching days when I had a sand table and water table in my classroom and a fun budget for purchasing fun educational things!
i love this idea! i'm definitely buying beans next time i go to the store!
Post a Comment