WHAT?

Sunday, September 23

Have you ever been in a situation where you didn't have the words to reply? Yesterday I was waiting in a line with Hannah Grace when a man asked me, "Do you know if it is a boy or girl?" To which I responded, "No. We did not find out the sex of the baby. So we would love a healthy boy or girl." The man smiled and spoke again, " As long as it is a boy or a girl and not a goat."
WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT??
I was just standing there with a clueless expression on my face. Was this man trying to imply that I sleep with goats? Is this an old saying I am unfamiliar with? I have no idea what the man was talking about and I didn't even know how to respond. Wow it was a very awkward moment!! I know that I have said some "stupid" things in my day, but I truly hope none of them came out like the comment above. I would like to run into this man again and just ask why?

On another note, today we had a wonderful morning at church!! They had a focus on music worship with a southern gospel group. I never realized the love I have for southern gospel until recently. A good friend, Jeff, loves the southern gospel and I heard it at his birthday party and really enjoyed it. Now again I hear it at church this morning and I am just so in love with the sound!! The baby was even dancing to the music. We did miss the Coleman family this morning!!

1 remarks:

Jena said...

My only words of explanantion...
Welcome to Lancaster County: Home of the famous Foulmouth goat races and the goat drop on New Year's Eve...that town has goats on the mind. Maybe he was from there?!?