Brian has been counting down the seconds to this day. No, the new baby has not arrived yet. I know that is what most of you were thinking. The truth is that it is the opening day of The Simpsons Movie. Brian called me last week to remind me to get a babysitter for Friday night. I thought it was so romantic that he was planning for date night so far in advance. Well I found out it was really just opening night for The Simpsons Movie. I guess I should feel honored that my husband wants to share this momentous occasion with me?!
I will also share that Brian bought our tickets about a week ago in fear that the movie would be sold out. We invited a number of couples to join us, but sadly they all had plans (or so they said). We were able to coordinate a dinner afterwards with Jeff and Beck. They were so eager to get the review on the movie they requested a dinner immediately following our viewing of The Simpsons Movie. I will admit that I am looking very forward to a nice dinner with Brian and our friends WITHOUT our kids. The kids are so cute, but it is nice have a dinner conversation without screaming interruptions and time restrictions.
I know that I have been giving Brian a hard time lately, but he really is a great husband. Yesterday, he came home with a beautiful bouquet of flowers just to remind me of his love and to say thanks for all my hard work. Too Sweet! Thanks Honey!
4 years ago



2 remarks:
Beautiful flowers...have fun tonight! Can you believe that I have NEVER even seen one full episode of The Simpsons! Even if the movie isn't your "dream come true" date, at least you get dinner without having to cut anyone else's food :-)
~Jena
It must be a "Turk Thing"...Dave and I are also sharing a romantic date to the movies this evening. Guess what we are going to see...The Simpsons! (The ! was from Dave...hehe). We'll have to compare reviews later. Have fun tonight!
Love ya,
Aut
Post a Comment