I have really been struggling with my appearance this pregnancy. I remember being pregant with Hannah Grace.
I wanted everyone to see my belly. I even took photos of it. This time I do all I can to hide my big ugly belly. I guess it is the third baby in three years and I should expect it, but I just feel so unpretty. During my college days I remember my Grandmother making a comment about how beautiful my skin was and how my hands were so pretty. At the time I thought that was such a strange comment, but now I am starting to understand. I was just looking at photos the other day of when Brian and I were dating. I found myself dreaming of that young, thin body I once had. At that time in my life I would tell you that I felt fat and I'm sure I would have informed you of all my flaws. So today I am trying to just be grateful now for the youth I still have.
I don't understand why society today makes women feel that aging is unattractive. Now a days you can have anything "fixed". My Grandfather told me when I was young (about 12 years old) that my Grandma was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen and she just got more and more beautiful with every passing day. I just thought that was the most wonderful thing and hope that some day Brian will say that to our grand kids.
Someone once told me you should look in the mirror OH! did I mention you should be naked, and tell yourself that you are beautiful and that God created you in his perfect image and likeness. I truly wish that I could put on "God goggles" and see myself as a beautiful, radiant young, thin, winkle less child of God.
I feel like with age you gain an understanding and a wisdom that is so rich. You start to understand the things your elders tried to "teach" you. I feel like such a better person and I love everyday that God gives me. BUT I still feel like I want to hide!! Sorry for this sad entry today, but I would love any advice and prayer you have for me!?
I wanted everyone to see my belly. I even took photos of it. This time I do all I can to hide my big ugly belly. I guess it is the third baby in three years and I should expect it, but I just feel so unpretty. During my college days I remember my Grandmother making a comment about how beautiful my skin was and how my hands were so pretty. At the time I thought that was such a strange comment, but now I am starting to understand. I was just looking at photos the other day of when Brian and I were dating. I found myself dreaming of that young, thin body I once had. At that time in my life I would tell you that I felt fat and I'm sure I would have informed you of all my flaws. So today I am trying to just be grateful now for the youth I still have.I don't understand why society today makes women feel that aging is unattractive. Now a days you can have anything "fixed". My Grandfather told me when I was young (about 12 years old) that my Grandma was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen and she just got more and more beautiful with every passing day. I just thought that was the most wonderful thing and hope that some day Brian will say that to our grand kids.
Someone once told me you should look in the mirror OH! did I mention you should be naked, and tell yourself that you are beautiful and that God created you in his perfect image and likeness. I truly wish that I could put on "God goggles" and see myself as a beautiful, radiant young, thin, winkle less child of God.
I feel like with age you gain an understanding and a wisdom that is so rich. You start to understand the things your elders tried to "teach" you. I feel like such a better person and I love everyday that God gives me. BUT I still feel like I want to hide!! Sorry for this sad entry today, but I would love any advice and prayer you have for me!?

3 remarks:
Honey - you know I never post on this site. However, I wanted you to know that I think you are sexy when you are pregnant. Hang in there we are down to the wire and some good margaritas are just around the corner.
-Husband
Nanc,
You are always beautiful to me. I have been so blessed to have you as my daughter-in-law. You are a wonderful wife to my son, and a fantastic mom. And no hiding for you! You are radiant and a great person, from the inside to the outside.
Love,
Mom T
Nancy, The Lord is making you more beautiful every day of your life! It is that happy radiance that comes from within your heart and shows on your face that makes you shine! Shine on, Nancy!
Post a Comment