Grateful

Sunday, July 1

First, I must share that I am VERY proud of myself. I got up this morning and got myself ready and then got the kids ready and fed and made it to Sunday School on time!! Usually I have Brian to help get everything ready, but he is driving back from Pittsburgh today.

Anyway, I am so grateful that I went this morning. Sunday School was wonderful. It reminded me that being a mother is my job and I must glorify the Lord with my every step!! So many days I feel like I am totally wrapped up with the daily activities and distractions that come with two little kids and one on the way. I know that I am a small part of a HUGE picture and I am so honored to do my little part, which seems rather huge on some days.

Since we moved I have really struggled with finding my "spot". I had/have such a huge network of friends and family on the western half of the state. I must admit that I was very spoiled!! I still miss hearing John Guest speak every week. Anyway, this week/weekend I finally felt "at home" Brian convinced me to go to Sunday school last weekend where I met, Lisa, who invited us to join her life group, which was meeting at her home last week. Brian and I really enjoyed the time of fellowship, but I really enjoyed meeting other women who related to me. So after the life group I was able to hang out with some of the ladies. Then, at church this morning for the FIRST time I felt like I was part of the community. I have missed this SO very much!! Praise GOD for all the blessings and trails in my life!! This has been a very trying week for me and I was starting to feel lost and without purpose. I guess it is sorta like God made me "work" all week and on the seventh day he shared his glory with me.

Sorry for this emotional blog entry today. I am sure it has nothing to do with my hormones!! I just realized that I don't praise God aloud enough!! So PRAISE GOD!! Maybe each day I will find something to be grateful for... hold me to it!! Today I am truly grateful to have such a devoted and loving husband! I don't know that he even reads this, but if he does thanks for sticking with me I love you!

4 remarks:

Jena said...

I'm SO glad that one of your "spots" is at Mt. Calvary. It's been fun getting to know you and, I have to admit, a little frightening about all the similarities we're finding...eggs, two-timing, etc! Loved the picts from yesterday...I'm hoping to put some up later tonight or tomorrow. Have a good rest of the day and O send C smooches.

Jen said...

Nancy, Thanks for the comment on my blog - I'm so excited to find a new blogging friend! AND THANK YOU for talking with me this morning after Sunday School! I'm so glad you felt at home - that's how we feel too! It's the relationships that are so important to us at Mount Calvary and the accountability we all have with one another in serving our Lord! Can't wait to get to know you and your family more!!!!!

Jen said...

P.S. I'm a HUGE Pottery Barn fan!! :-)

Kristen Oakes said...

Nancy,
So glad to hear today was rewarding for you and that you heard the message that brought things together for you. Some of the things you said remind me of a little exercise I do either with Colten, or by myself at night. We take the time to name three things each from the day for which we are grateful. I got the idea from an article and a woman who said she does that also in the context of being grateful for her husband, to help her get over the times she is frustrated with him! I think we all know how that feels, so to take the time to focus on the good is a welcome change and a way to keep ourselves from becomming too negative.

Aside from that, we missed you yesterday during the "girls day" shopping outing with Autumn. Can't wait to see you in a few days!