Part I: Dining Room
A couple of months ago I decided to convert our dining room into a play area for the kids. First, I felt like it was too COLD in the playroom downstairs!! Second, I thought it would be great to have the kids playing where I did my daily chores. Recently, Brian started to drop hints about when this temporary playroom was going to change back to our dining room. The truth is that I rather enjoying having a play room upstairs.
Today, I decided it was time to convert our dining room back and I am happy to say that I love having a dining room table again. However, I did make some changes to the area so that the kids can still play upstairs. I made a reading area with the kids over sized chairs and a basket of books, I have a puzzle area tucked away that is easy for the kids to access, and I brought the Little Tikes table upstairs so the kids can color, eat, and read. They LOVE it!!
The only PROBLEM that we encountered was the flowers. Hannah really wanted to have flowers on her table just like Mommy. So I made a small arrangement for the table. Hannah was so proud!! Carter really liked it too. He liked it so much that he ate the flower. He got it off the table and in his mouth before I could grab it. When I went to retrieve it all the pedals were GONE!! I must say that Carter spent a good 5 minutes just spitting out the pedals. Needless to say he hasn't bothered the flowers since.

Hannah really had a GREAT time with her Poppo. She took him all over her home town!! Hannah wishes that he could have stayed a little longer! Carter had a good time too, but wasn't as vocal about it.
Part III: Shopping
Above Hannah tells Carter, " I got Dada's wallet and it has credit cards inside. Want to go shopping Carter?" In the second photo Carter replies, " Lets go sissy, I was checking out that baby Jeep at Toys R Us and Mama said 'NO'!"
Moral of this story is keep all cash and credit cards out of reach and climbing area of children.

0 remarks:
Post a Comment