Dinner Parties

Tuesday, June 3

As most of you know I LOVE to bake. This morning I got up at sunrise to do some baking before the kids were out of bed. It was so peaceful and the house smelled amazing all day. I just hope that I don't gain back the pounds from any airborne calories.

Anyway I want to thank my dear friend Sue for my next two cakes. Above is a Key Lime (my FAVORITE) Cake with White Chocolate Frosting. Yummy. Below is a Dream Chocolate Mousse Cake. Yum Yum.

So here is the deal... as many of you have experienced Brian and I love to entertain and cook for friends. What can I say parties frequent the Turk Home. So if you and or your family would like to be the lucky ones that get to experience these amazing cakes ( I can't promise they will be perfect) let me know by leaving a comment or write on my facebook wall. Brian and I may take these submissions into serious consideration as we make our dinner party schedule for June. At this point I think the Robinson Family should get first pick since our last dinner plans were canceled due to weather or was it Brian's golf league tournament? Either way I look forward to reading your replies.

9 remarks:

Jena said...

Roses are red,
You say you can bake,
Prove it to me
with that Key Lime Cake!

If that doesn't win me the cake, here's another...

Key Lime is my favorite,
just the picture makes me drool,
if I don't get to taste it,
you will no longer be cool.

Ok, both of those were lame, so I'll just say, Either I get some, or I'll just come watch you eat it through your windows.

Jena said...

P.S. That chocolate one doesn't look too shabby either :-)

PattiCakes said...

Nancy, I will take at least one remarkable looking Key Lime Cake and one Chocolate cake. Just box them up and mail them to me. I would like a lot of crushed peanuts (real peanuts) around them. And, Oh yes, make the Key Lime one in black and gold. it will be nice if you marked the box very fragile and perishable. Freeze and ship Over nite air express. How much do you want for them? Or, I have a better idea....freeze and send home with Linda. Should be ready to eat when she gets here!!!

Claremont First Ward said...

Amazing looking cakes. If they taste as good as they look, I'd be in BIG trouble.

Terri said...

Count the Akers in for some cake taste testing...those cakes look awesome!!!

Jen said...

Oh my word! I don't know who cracks me up the most - you or Jena and her poetry!!!! :-) YES, we're in!!! Give us a few days to recover however! Call me and we'll set a date for June!!!! I'm also not sure which cake I'd prefer - the key lime looks and sounds AMAZING! Thank you so much for the prayers!!!!! Love you guys! Jen

Anonymous said...

Since I'm 'part' of the Robinson
family (I'm Jen's mother), I'd just like to say those cakes are beautiful!! Please show my daughter how to make them :-)(or, I guess you could send the Key Lime
recipe to jackiedale2@verizon.net and I'll make it myself!) Thank You

Anonymous said...

I hate to leave a comment this time because it looks like I want a free meal? (dessert?)
Anyway, those cakes and pies look awesome--much better than mine. hahahahaha(at Jen's birthday lunch)

Jen said...

I can't believe my mother commented on your blog - cracks me up! And, VALERIE, your cake was yummy in the tummy and brought a smile to my face! :-)