We have had a wonderful weekend! Wednesday, I spent the day at Hershey Park with Susanne and had a great time hiking around the entire park. It was my longest trip with the kiddos so far. We arrived at 10AM and stayed until 4PM. Thursday, Brian and I took the kids to Mt Gretna. Friday, we hosted a cookout for 5 other couples. Hannah had a blast learning how to make hamburgers. I think she actually worked on the same one the entire time. Saturday, we had a family day of washing the cars. Sunday, we had church and then enjoyed the afternoon at a pool party. Sarah Jane loved splashing in the pool.Now that you know where I have been hiding I have a question for you. As a new Christian I am learning more everyday, but I am still trying to learn about how to use the Bible and when the Lord is speaking to me directly. Recently, I had one of those nights where I sat straight up in bed and was really unsure as to why I was so wide awake at 2AM. Of course I went to check on the kids. Yes they were sleeping soundly as was Brian. So I truly felt like the Lord just needed some time with me. I picked up my Bible and read a little and then lay my head back on the pillow and just began to pray. I prayed for the Lords will and I prayed that he would reveal what I needed to focus on. Since that night I feel like every night I am going through this same routine and I am now begging the Lord to try a better time like 8AM or even 11PM. I don't think that is working he seems to prefer 2AM. So how do you know when the Lord is directing you to a certain passage and how do you know when the Lord is speaking to you. As I have read the Bible I noticed how the Lord spoke so clearly to people. I don't feel like it is so clear for me. Any advice?

1 remarks:
Just wait on God and keep praying, Proverbs is always good. there are enough chapters for every day of the month, so you can read a chapter a day starting with the date, Proverbs has a lot of wisdom
zoe t. :-)
Post a Comment