Baby Love

Sunday, June 22

Hannah has been talking about being a Mommy. She was asking me the other day how many minutes she had to wait before she could marry a prince and have a baby in her belly. She loves to take care of Bitty. Actually, she as planned her birthday party around Bitty Baby. I just love watching her grow. I love that she is reading her American Girl Catalog while sleeping with Bitty.

Another favortie moment with Hannah was during a big thunder storm a few nights ago. I put the kids to bed and suddenly the thunder storm rolled in and woke up the kiddos. Hannah called me in her room first and I talked to her about what the Thunder was and why we need the rain. We also talked about why we need to pray in a moment of fear. Then, Carter called and I took Hannah in his room. Hannah explained everything to Carter and told him they needed to pray. Hannah started to pray with her eyes squeezed so tight as if that would help her prayer to be heard, "Jesus, please stop making that thunder. I am really scared. So please stop the thunder Jesus." She opened her eyes and said "Momma, Jesus listened he stopped that thunder." BOOM. Another thunder rumbled in the clouds. Hannah looks at Carter and yells, "Carter it is your fault you need to pray to Jesus to stop the thunder. Pray Carter Pray Carter tell Jesus you want him to stop the thunder too." That night we learned that Jesus doesn't always answer our prayers the way we expect him to.

1 remarks:

KK said...

Precious! It was great to see you guys at the pool party. Wish we could've talked more!!!