singing praises through the chaos

Tuesday, March 31

I missed you. It has been another challenging week and I think it is only Tuesday. Yikes. We had a wonderful weekend filled with friends and food. Well almost a wonderful weekend, Sarah Jane has not been feeling very well. She is napping a lot and eating very little.

So Monday rolled in rather freezing for Spring. I heard it actually snowed in Pittsburgh. Don't get me wrong I love the snow just not in the springtime. Moreover, I took Hannah Grace to school as usual. On my drive back to the house I decided to get on the phone with the health insurance company because the medical bills I had received were well over the deductible I had agreed to pay. I am sort of amazed that I was able to reach that deductible within one month. I guess that is what can happen when you have pregnancy complications. So I finally get a person after 20 minutes of that automatic voice saying, "did you say.....". I felt like slamming the phone off the dash board and yelling, "NO! I did not say that and I would just really really like to talk to a PERSON that might have a little compassion." So I finally get a very friendly woman on the other line that can only talk to me about my current plan. I shared in an earlier post that the our previous employer had kept us on the group insurance (we still paid for it, but it was nice to have a little time to figure out what next). So when we applied for this conversion plan with the same health care provider they started us on the day after the plan was canceled. The woman very sweetly answered my question and told me that my deductible was to start over as of February 24th. I thanked her and then got off the phone. I then called the number for the group insurance company that we had with our previous employer . While I was on hold, getting disconnected and starting to feel a little discouraged I decided I would call the doctors office to see why I had received one of the bills. The nurse was so polite as she shared that the claims were denied because we were not covered. WHAT?! So now I am a little more eager to get on the phone with this group insurance company. Again I went though all the automated people, getting connected to a busy line and being disconnected. Now, I don't have time I have to drop Brian off at the train so he can go into Harrisburg for a meeting. (Remember we only have one car and I need to pick up Hannah.) We drop him off and I get on the phone again while driving with screaming children in the car. Why is it that they never scream when I am singing along with the radio, but the moment they see or even think they see that phone it starts. FINALLY I get a representative on the phone that shares that we were covered on the group insurance until February 24th, but the employer called and canceled the plan making it retro active to the 1st of February. So I couldn't start my new plan earlier because it was in the system that we had insurance until the 24th, but really we didn't. So after a long talk and being put on hold many times we finally come to a solution and now I just have to call in all the claims in February. Praise God that we were covered! Although now I have to pay for the health insurance and the 2 years of deductibles in 2 months. Needless to say I need some time to let this information soak in.

I did pick up Hannah and ran into a great friend who I will mention later. We ran home (actually I drove) ate lunch, Sarah Jane got a short nap, my friend that I mentioned above showed up at my house with her van and dropped it off because she insisted I have a vehicle while Brian is out-of-town with our only vehicle at the moment. God has blessed me with some truly wonderful friends. Without even having time to breath, let alone think about how wonderful it would be to have a vehicle, I ran back out the door with the kiddos to pick up Brian at the train. Did I mention that I was supposed to do my Bible Study this morning? So I picked Brian up with just enough time to drive him home and drop him off with Hannah and Carter. Off I hurried to the doctor. They wanted to see Sarah Jane with all that she had going on. So I rush in the door to find that the doctor is running 40 minutes behind. So I just gave that anxiety over to the Lord and started to wait. Sarah Jane got a clean bill of health. They think maybe it is something viral. I got home brushed my hair, stroked my eye lashes with some mascara and jumped in the car with a girlfriend that wanted to take me out to dinner. Amen. We had a great night. I got home around 9P and decided I had put the Bible study off long enough. I started with Day One and was so pumped I breezed through the week. I will have to write another post on all that I am learning and gaining through my study of the Scriptures.

At 5:30A this morning I woke up to the sweet sound of Sarah Jane giggling in her crib . Occasionally I would hear a Mommy, Daddy, Mommy, Daddy, but she was so happy I let her play and started to talk to Brian about all the amazing things I had learned last night. It was such a GREAT morning. All besides Sarah Jane cleaning the toilet and her teeth with the electric tooth brushes. Brian left for his trip and I left to run errands to get ready for MOPS on Thursday. Praise the Lord for the van! I must admit with all the bells and whistles on this van I may never want to return it. I think it does everything besides buckle in Sarah Jane. I feel so blessed.

Then, I get home to find friends have stopped by to bring food and stuff. In the one box I got a roll of paper towels. I looked at them like I would a box from Tiffany & Co. So eager to open it!! We haven't had a roll of paper towels for a few weeks and I never realized how truly wonderful they are to have around. While I am talking about this I just need to send out a HUGE thanks to everyone that has helped our family in this time. Brian and I actually weep the other day because we were just so overwhelmed at the generosity of the people in our lives. Thank You! I just hope that someday we are able to give back twice as much. Thank you. Thank you. I don't feel like I can ever express how much all this means to me.

0 remarks: