Mirror Mirror on the Wall

Tuesday, March 24

Who is the fairest of them all? Today the question is who has the best tan.

Today is a tough day! I must admit I was feeling very discouraged and somewhat anxious.

6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. -Philippians 4:6

7The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray. -1Peter 4:7

I included the photo to the left to let you know that we are still loving life. We laugh a lot and are so grateful for our health. I can't wait to share this photo with Carter's future wife. In addition, I am also so amazed that my husband is so handy and was able to fix the running toilet.

As I was feeling myself become negative I decided it was time to dive into the Word. So after a fun morning of playing I put the kids down for a nap. As I started reading and studying I was shocked at the direction. As a result, I have decided to share the following personal information. I have really felt in my heart I wanted to show you the real me. I am a strong person and I can put a mask on to save myself from a lot of explanation, but I have realized that then no one really knows who I am and what I really need. Sometimes I feel like it was the best decision to be transparent and other days it makes me feel vulnerable, embarrassed, and insecure. We all want to be liked and accepted and for me I felt like that meant I needed to fit in with the world. However, for the past few months I have really been able to do some soul searching and I feel like I have become a better person for knowing who I am and living it. We are called to be the light of the world so that God can reveal the radiance of His glory thorough our lives. I know that I speak boldly and sometimes I am sure it is TMI (too much information), but please know that I don't mean to step on anyone's toes. I just want you to see me and what I have learned. Maybe some of the things that have inspired me will find a place in your heart.

As I was reading today my focus was on identity and how easy it is to lose it or even take one that isn't your own. I feel like so many times in my life I have be caught up in the world of fashion and image. I want to have that name brand designer shirt, purse, shoes, whatever is hot. However, I have come to realize during this time that it really does NOT matter what the label in your pants says or even the size for that matter. I will admit that I am probably more aware of other women then most men. Constantly comparing and wondering if I had a ____ like that I would do this. Today I have realized that I need to change my mindset. I am a beautiful woman and every part of me is perfect in His eyes and if it is perfect for Him then it is also for me. I know it is easy to say. So here is a devotional that is able to give me the right words:

My King
My Divine Dresser
Lord, my heart feels burdened when I look at the wardrobes of this world and how women will wear anything to get attention and feel valued. Yet I coness I'm guilty of wearing some of them myself! Please help me stop conforming to this world: I don't want to be defined by a fashion designer any longer.
Lord, convict me of the clothes in my closet that make me look like someone other than Your princess. Set me free from being a slave to the world's fashions and clothe me instead with the attributes of my Savior. Then use me to set the trends of holiness and purity.
Fro now on, may whatever I wear reflect my commitment to You. Use my identity in You to touch the hearts of people all around me. I want to represent You in fashions of Your heavenly creation rather than in the ungodly trends this world offers. I ready to be Your model of life to everyone around me. - Sheri Rose Shepherd

I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul will exhult in my God; for He has clothed me with the garments of salvation,He covered me with the robe of righteousness... as a bride adorns herself with her jewels. Isaiah 61:10


Tonight was a wonderful surprise as a dear friend and neighbor brought us dinner. It was a fun dinner with Hannah wearing her bathing suit and Carter wearing his snow hat. I felt like I was in two places at once. Also, please keep Brian in your thoughts tomorrow as he goes on another interview.


2 remarks:

Leah said...

I love how you said you felt like you were in 2 places at once. Too funny!! I love kids. No worries, just do I want to go swimming or skiing, hmmmm....

Carrie said...

Nancy, I was just catching up on your blogging. Thanks for sharing your struggles recently, I didn't know all that's going on. I'm sorry life has been so difficult each day with new trials. God is faithful and will provide for your needs. Your testimony of trusting him through this time is encouraging to me. I appreciate all the verses you have pointed out with each problem you face. I'll pray that God reveals His plan for you and your family soon and will give you strength and peace each day.