help me up

Friday, March 27

Do you ever feel like the same thing just keeps coming to your attention? Sometimes I am even watching television and the same commercial keeps coming on. I have actually asked myself this question, "Do I have restless leg syndrome?" Let's be honest I know that most of you have pondered this one?! So anyway the Lord did it again... this time I have read in 3 of my four devotions and read a blog telling me and I got a phone call from a dear friend and mentor that suggest I try this. So YES I got the message loud and clear!!


It is now Tuesday (I think I started writing this post on Friday) and I am embarrassed to admit it has taken me this long to actually get down on my knees with my head on the floor and pray. At first it was just the excuses like the fact that I was too busy for actually kneeling without distraction. Then I started to think... what should I be praying about on my knees. I pondered this for a few more days. So last night I prayed, the way I usually do at night with my head on the pillow just talking to the Lord. "Lord, what in the world do you want me to get down and pray about? I've already put it all out on the table. So please put it on my heart that one thing or maybe two that I need to focus on."

So I had a restless night and when I awoke this morning I knew that it was my baby. I needed to get down and pray for the health of this baby growing inside my womb. I needed to pray for the Lord to pull the placenta away from the cervix so the baby was safe and so was I. Then, just this morning He put Brian on my heart. He is away traveling and I know that his heart is heavy right now. Brian is a strong man and knows that the Lord has a glorious plan for our lives, but sometimes it is just so hard to see when you are in the thick of it. After running like a mad women this morning I put the kids down for a nap.

Alright I'm ready! I got down on my knees and before I even started to pray the tears were streaming down my face dripping on my clenched hands. I felt like a child that longed so desperately for their mother's lap. I began to pray with conviction and desperation all at the same moment. I felt like I was suddenly all alone it was just my words echoing in a tunnel. It was truly a moment of awe. I stood up after just spilling my guts out to the Lord and I actually felt like the burden had been lifted form my shoulders.

All I can say is you have to try it! It is the most peaceful and memorable moment I've had during this rocky, confusing, frustrating, and hectic trial.

1 remarks:

Leah said...

Thanks so much for sharing this with us. What a picture of literally laying your requests at His feet.