Do you ever feel like you are trying to guess what the Lord is working in your life? This has been a very difficult weekend for me. On Friday I woke up with a horrible migraine, but I went forward with my morning and had a great time at MOPS. When I got home I started to listen to the Beth Moore Audio for the Esther study. During the lesson she was telling a story about a woman that lost 2 of her children and she shared how the woman just cried out "why Lord, why? This is too much. too much. too much." I couldn't help but start crying myself and feeling the same way about my life right now. I have so much to be grateful for: 3 healthy kids, an amazing husband, rent this month, grocery money (thanks to everyone who helped out on this one), the greatest friends and the list goes on. But at the same moment, I am saying "this is TOO MUCH Lord!" Without the Lord holding me up and giving me every last breath I feel like I will fall to the ground. I have to add that I just love Beth Moore as I can go from sobbing to laughing my head off. Later in the session Beth quoted another woman saying" It is tough being a woman because of the hormones. You yell at those you love and cry for a stranger in a commercial." Moreover, after finishing a few hours with Beth Moore I tried the whole getting down on my knees thing again. I must admit that it was just as emotional as the first time. tears. snot. and all the beauty that goes along with pouring your guts out. It is at that moment that you feel the snot pouring over your lips that you think, please don't let anyone see me or ring the door bell. As I lay with my head over my lap I cried out for the Lord to answer my prayers and give us direction by the end of the day... nothing like giving God a deadline. I did also pray that if it wasn't his will I would settle for comfort and strength instead. Is anyone else laughing... I have decided that I will come up with my own negotiations with the Lord. I have to admit that I'm desperate for the Lord to give me that clear direction. I also continue to pray that He will make clear if I should move forward with my ultra sound on Monday.
So now it is Saturday night and I have received so many notes asking what is going on... any news? I feel like I don't even have the strength to reply. I just want to say No it was another day of rejection and mystery. So no at the end of the day I no clear direction for our future, BUT because of all the unknown direction I feel the Lord saying, "Nancy, put your trust in Me and I will provide for the ultra sound. Stop trying to make your own plans." Has anyone noticed that I'm a control freak yet? I like my shirts to be folded just so, I want the dishes in the dish washer to go in size order, and I like to plan ahead. Although I don't think I did much planning when it came to family size. Whoops. Missed that one. I have handed over my life and I have that comfort and strength, but it is really easy for Satan to sneak in and grab hold as I'm going through the bills. I sit here and think... there is NO WAY to pay all the bills... we are going to be evicted and bankrupt by the end of the month. STOP! That is Satan trying to crack into the thoughts in my head once again. Some how God has provide every month and I am still at awe wondering how this all worked out this far?!
So I am totally exhausted as I sit here my eyes are starting to close and my head is starting the nod. So I am sad to say I need to go to bed, but I just had to write and let you know that I am still here and kicking... just NO STINKING NEWS! Maybe tomorrow!
4 years ago

3 remarks:
Nancy~
"Maybe there is some really good theology to be learned when God is silent" - Beth Moore. Did you get to that in the Esther study yet? I am not sure what session it is in but it is a good one. No matter what you just keep seeking Him. I promise you He will honor that. I know it is hard - He knows it is hard. I remember some moments in my life when I said this is just too hard - I can't do this. The amazing thing is I am on the other side. He carried me through and my dependence on Him is greater. I too am a control freak but it has been through those situations that I have started letting go. I will be on my knees for you today.
Denise
I also hated the "any news yet?" comments. I hated having to say "no" all the time. Just remember that everyone is praying for you and concerned about what is going on with y'all. Hang in there!
Praying for you and Brian!
Post a Comment