Snow Mowing

Wednesday, December 5

Today we got a ton of snow. So I had all my curtains open so the kids could watch the snow accumulate. While cleaning up the kitchen I heard Hannah yell, "No, they are taking all my snow away." I could not imagine what she was talking about so I walked over to the window just in time to see a man ride by on the lawn mower. Yes, you heard me correctly he was mowing the snow or the grass. I am really not sure what he was doing.
So then I walked past my front window where I could see the cars trying to drive up the hill into our neighborhood. The cars were going every direction except for up. Most ended up with the hazard lights flashing pulled to one side. One woman just gave up and walked up with all her groceries in hand.
So I am just wondering why the maintenance guys didn't stop mowing and throw some salt or attempt to shovel or plow. The residents couldn't even get into the neighborhood to enjoy the freshly mowed snow/grass.
Anyway it gave me a good laugh. Although, had I been one of the cars trying to get into the neighborhood I would have been really angry.

4 remarks:

Jena said...

Leave it to your maintanence people :-)
I did chuckle when I read "ton of snow"...you just wait...it's only started! :-)

Jena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Claremont First Ward said...

Glad you weren't one of the stranded ones. That is an awesome picture. I've never seen such clean looking snow being plowed.

About Target.....my hubby is the Pharmacy Manager at the Wilsonville store.....one of those 8 degrees of seperation or something like that?

Jen said...

Soooooooooo funny! Mowing????