Nutty Nance

Tuesday, December 11

I know that you are all wondering what happened to me. Right? Well I have been going through some trying times. Did I mention that I am really low on sleep and am a little slap happy now.
So Hannah Grace went to the ER last week because she fell down our icy steps and was acting really strange. Well there was no head trauma, but she had an ear infection. This is just the start... we all have the cold/cough now. Sunday, we stayed home from all activities to try and recover. Monday was going ok until nap time. I got all 3 kiddos to bed and then I got to run out to Sam's Club. Brian was working out of the house. Well I return to find that Hannah Grace had a bowel movement in her pants and decided she would take it out and I'm not sure where it goes from there, but it was all over. I don't want to get into to much detail, but lets say that it was REALLY REALLY bad. So while we are trying to wash Hannah and her entire room the doctor calls me back (I called earlier in the day about Sarah's cold). They wanted me to bring Sarah in right away. So Brian and the kids go to our friends house for dinner. Jena it was so yummy. I took Sarah Jane to the doctor and found out she has a double ear infection. So we finish out the night hanging with the Hostetters. Hannah and Carter had a BLAST with Owen.
I get the kids to bed and finally my head hits the pillow and Brian starts to snore. It was REALLY loud! I know that he is sick, but this is crazy. So I was not sleeping well when Carter fell out of bed. I go to check on him and he just looks at me as he stands there with his blanket and says, "Momma, up please go night night." So I him back to bed and really can't fall back asleep. Oh yeah and the photo above is a few hours after Sarah Jane was diagnosed with a double ear infection. Too cute.
Tuesday morning comes just as I shut my eyes. Brian has to leave for work early so I got up at 6:30am to try and get some things done. I did!! I put away all the dishes, did 2 loads of laundry, took my shower, wrote out my menu for the next two weeks, made a shopping list, and ate breakfast. Then, it was time to get all the kiddos ready and fed. Right as I was walking out the door to take Hannah to school Sarah Jane throws up. It is everywhere so I start to clean her up along with the floor and as I turn around I realize that Hannah and Carter have totally undressed. My entire drive to preschool I was blasting the praise music, which got me crying because God is so awesome. Needless to say Hannah Grace was 10 minutes late for school and I am a little emotional. Next, Sarah Jane has her well baby check up at 10am. I go and find out that Sarah Jane needs to be using a nebulizer every 4 hours. Does it stop? Not yet. I also mention to the doctor that Carter is running a low grade fever and acting super fussy. So she checks Carter and he has a double ear infection too. Now I have been at the doctors for 1 and 1/2 hours and I need to leave so I can pick up Hannah. I get to the school just in time and then take the kids to the grocery store. I drop off the prescriptions and start shopping. I had a front and back of a long list paper. We made it through the store, got everyones medications and Hannah says, "Momma, I got to go pee right now. I can't hold it!" So bad into the store I go trying to keep Carter and Sarah under control while Hannah goes to the bathroom. Did I mention i also have a cart FULL of groceries.
We got home, ate lunch, and I put the kids down for a nap. I did some cleaning, another load of laundry, picked up all the toys and got my meals in order.
Brian was supposed to be home around 1pm but the wonderful Comcast crew kept him late. So he didn't get home to our 3 crying children until 7:30pm. I did however get to write out some notes I had been meaning to write.
So anyway I have had very little sleep and am starting to just laugh. I hope this post makes sense.

4 remarks:

PattiCakes said...

Wow! You are Super Duper Mommy! Sarah Jane looks so happy in her picture! You and Brian are great parents to my great nieces and nephew! Even though it is hectic. Smiles say it all!!! You have my utmost respect for the parenting that you do so well! hope that you all feel better soon. You are all in my prayers. I must say, Sarah is a living doll!

Be still and know that I am God Psalms 46:10

Jena said...

Seriously, submit some of your daily sagas to a reality TV network and see what kind of dough you could be raking in! :)
Precious picts of Sarah...despite her ear infections and cough!
Hope your household is running smoother and I'm glad you put in the "poop" story, even if your put in the PG-rated version! :-)

Kristen Oakes said...

I second Aunt Patty with "Wow". Now in my house, it wouldn't be 3sick kids, and the closest I would be able to compare is if Colten was sick and if at the same time Gabby was eating a cat while the other cat was eating the hamster while Frankie was peeing everywhere in the house, since he refuses to be house trained. Oh, and the frog could get out and be hopping everywhere and Bob and I could be sick, I suppose. The only real competition I can offer is to say that Colten is STILL telling everyone he sees that Santa ONLY gave him 2 Star Station cartridges for Christmas last year. He even said that to our priest last weekend. I wanted to hide under a pew! This year, I have had a pre-holiday party chat with Santa to inform him that my son is a greedy child who needs to be set straight about Santa. Santa promised to have a good conversation with my little one. Colten did meet our bishop yesterday, and Colten's teacher informed me that he and the bishop had a very in-depth conversation that ended with the bishop recommending to Colten that he consider being a priest in the future because he is so conversant. So I guess that redeemed Colten for this week.

Claremont First Ward said...

To have survived that day, you have to be super something. Hope all those kiddos are feeling great soon, and that you get some much deserved sleep.