DOPS

Friday, December 7

God is good, but today he is SO good to me. I just feel like the Holy Spirit has just filled me with so much love today that I can hardly stand myself. Do you know what my only complaint is today, that I have so many Thanks You notes to write. Is that a blessing or what?

First, I want to give a HUGE shout out to my AMAZING husband, Brian. This morning I had a dentist appointment at 9am and I needed to run to the store to get my fruit platter, which was what I was assigned to bring to MOPS this morning. So Brian was on his own with all 3 kiddos. He got them all up, dressed, and fed. He even remembered to put a blue shirt on Hannah Grace, which is her color for Moppets. So he got them all ready and met me at the church for MOPS at 9:30am. WOW! Side note: I do have to say that I still managed to beat Brian to the church. Maybe being a Mom isn't as easy as it looks. wink.wink. Brian was also such a good sport. He was the only man in the building so of course he got a few strange looks and questions. Finally, he told one woman that he was here for DOPS. For anyone who is confused... MOPS stands for Mothers of Preschoolers. So maybe I am the only one that finds that so cute and funny. What can I say... that's my husband and I love him so dearly!!

So MOPS was so awesome this morning. Although we had a tearful start as we remembered Meredith, one of the moms, she passed away last week due to a sudden brain problem . Just reminds us that we never know when God will take us. She left behind her husband Drew and 2 little girls one 6 years old and the other 3. She was such a great mom and person. She left us with a prayer request to pray that things are put into perspective this Christmas season. That may have been a passing thought for her, but it will remain in our hearts for some time. Next, we enjoyed a speaker lecturing on disciple and it was so encouraging. I plan to blog more on this topic and include her website, which is so insightful.

Sorry that my thoughts are all over the place! I just want to add how important it is to remember and pray for your marriage everyday. Today I was reminded why I love my husband so much. I know he got the kids ready, but he also really gave some love to our marriage today. It was just some short playful text messages, but it really made me feel like we were dating all over again. I am just so grateful for Brian and our kids!

Moving along with all that made this day so wonderful. I received some answers to prayers today which was so awesome. I don't want to get into all the details but thank you to Leah and Julie for the all the great food. Thank you to Elizabeth for the booster chair. Thank you to Jen for sharing such a meaningful song and a great bookmark, which is something i really needed for the GREAT book I am reading called Love and Respect. I will be blogging about this at a later time too. Thank you to Tiann and Julie for the gifts. Thanks to all the women for holding little Sarah Jane so I could enjoying eating. I just don't think I can include all my gratefulness in this short blog entry.

Today while I was in the car I just keep thinking about all the things I want/need to blog about. So I am just going to give you some ideas of what is to come and I hope that you will encourage me to get to all these great things/ideas. I really want to share more about the wonderful speaker we had today, I would love to give you a book review on Love and Respect! I want to share the words to the song Jen shared or maybe she will share and I can just link to her. hint hint. I want to share how my passions in life are really starting to come to life. I want to hit on the topic of marriage and I want to share about our new Sunday School group that I am so excited about. I want to share about the new Hollywood food hang out and a great website for managing money. So I hope i can fit this all in before the year comes to an end. Well I am going to start working on some other posts...

SORRY for all the random thoughts!! I just love you all so much and want to share everything on my mind!!

3 remarks:

Claremont First Ward said...

Can't wait to hear about all that is to, and thank you for such an upbeat post. I think we can all benefit from the effects of a grateful heart.

Jena said...

Great post! I LOVED mops on Friday too. I could listen to Bonnie all day! Isn't she amazing? Definitely put up a link to her site!
Thanks for the upbeat read! I look forward to the rest :-)

Jen said...

Nanc- thank you so much for this post! I sooooo look forward to the posts you plan to write about! I, too, need to get back into blogging! I'm so glad you were touched today as we all were! And thank you for sharing how God is blessing your life - He is sooooooo good! Love ya!