The Cat and the Hat

Saturday, February 24

Happy 50th Birthday to the Cat and the Hat!

This morning we went to our local library to celebrate the Cat and the Hat's birthday with about 75 other kids. First, we made name tags and then sat on the carpet squares to learn more about Dr. Seuss. We learned lots of fun facts!!

Did you know that The Cat in the Hat only uses 50 words??

Next, the Cat and the Hat himself came out to read us, Oh! The Places You Will Go. The kids did a great job listening and Hannah was a really good big sister. Carter got a little scared when the Cat used a funny voice, but Hannah was able to comfort him. Carter was a really good listener/watcher. He sat on the carpet square the entire time and really watched and listened to everything that was going on. I thought that he would be crawling all over the place, but he did great. I think maybe it was because Hannah sets such a great example.

When the story was over there were dozens of learning/craft centers. Hannah made a hat and a magic wand. She DID NOT want to get her face painted!! We enjoyed birthday cake and then went home for the day.

1 remarks:

Anonymous said...

oh man! that sounds like so much fun!! I hope our library will have stuff like that when I have kids!!!