no bedtime

Wednesday, April 8

Tonight I just had to write. I am just feeling so happy and so blessed. I got a great night of sleep last night!! Then I got out of bed and started my day. It was a bit of a difficult morning. I have a dear friend who is going through some difficult times and I so badly want to have words. Do you ever sit there and think "I have NO idea" you don't even know if you should nod your head or just cry with them. I spent most of the morning just praying about the situation and I am asking for you to do the same. There are so many women out there that are having a tough day and most of the time we don't even have a clue.

When I arrived home this afternoon I was greeted by little Miss Hannah Grace who had "been sleeping for a hundred hours and really wanted to cuddle with Momma on the couch." Could you say no to a request like this? So I enjoyed some girl time. I cannot believe how fast they grow! I just hope that it is always cool to cuddle with Mom and watch a girly movie. While I am thinking about Hannah I have to share the comment she made the other day. I picked her up from school on Monday and she as usual she was talking a mile a minute. She was telling me that everyone thought her outfit was so cute. One of the boys in the class brought a snack and she liked it. Then she was just on fire for the Lord. She had so many things to tell me about Jesus and how he died for us and that is why we need to say "Happy Resurrection Day!" to everyone. Before I knew it she had moved to the topic of Heaven, "Momma, do you know what the BEST part of going to heaven is?" I had no time to respond she had already moved on to the answer, "You get to stay awake ALL the time. You never nap and no one has a bedtime." Alright that is great... not really I quickly thought to myself "Lord you had better change my heart before I get there because I was really hoping for an uninterupted night of sleep." I just love listening to them talk.

Tonight we had Awana Club and it was great! Carter is always a little stinker about drop off, but he has a blast and wants to spend the rest of the night in his Puggles shirt. After the kiddos went to bed Brian and I watch a movie. It was one of those nights where I found myself looking at him and thinking I love you more today then ever before. It really wasn't anything special. We were just sitting on the couch being silly and eating BBQ chips- a must have for the cravings this week. Anyway I decided I should write this down because you never know what tomorrow will unfold . Right? I am so grateful to have such a supportive and loving husband that provides BBQ chips whenever I need them.

I hope that you have a blessed night. As I sneak off to get another restful (I hope) night of sleep... I want to challenge you to find something small that you are so grateful for, that you can't help but smile when you think about it. I would love it if you would share!!

3 remarks:

Denise said...

I smile every time I read your blog. You are such an encouragement with such an awesome outlook. Thanks for encouraging me today. I also smile when I look in the faces of my kiddos. I am so blessed to be their mom. Thanks for the reminder.

Amy said...

I am thankful that the tomb is empty. It makes me smile that He is coming soon for us. I am so blessed to see you growing in the grace and knowledge of Him. I also wanted to mention that Zoe is 13 and she still likes to snuggle with me. I'm sure Hannah will too.

Jen said...

Reading this a little late, Nanc...but WHAT A GREAT POST! We all have so many LITTLE THINGS to be thankful, and when we really grasp those little things, they become HUGE THINGS TO BE THANKFUL FOR!!!! I'm thankful for SMILES......my kids smiles and everything they do that brings a smile to my face and Mike's as well! So happy for you in how God is leading you these last months! He is good all the time!