Cozy Coupe

Sunday, January 21

As a parent I have had moments when I think if Hannah and Carter could only understand. The funny part is that one day they will. It is so funny how things work. As a child you love mom and dad and they can do anything!! As a teenager you wish your parents would just vanish or at least realize that your life is harder then any thing they went through in life. As a college student you start to gain a more respectful view of your parents. THEN it happens... you have a child of your own and suddenly you look at your parents in a way you never have before... How did they do it? So many times I think of my parents and all they did and I thought it was so stupid, but now I am doing it!! ha ha ha.
Anyway I found this picture of myself (age 5 1/2 with Bright our puppy) the other day while going through a box of photos. I thought it was so cute because Hannah also has a cozy coupe, which is the Little Tike's red car in the photos. Hannah's car has a ton more features like the keyless remote, but it is the same car. So I hung the photo on the refrigerator. When Hannah came across the photo she said, " Hannah". I tried to explain that it was mommy, but like the snow she wasn't going to hear it. So I began to think about it. Hannah is just like me. She is the bossy older sister that loves her children that she doesn't have yet ( that came from my diary when I was 5 years old). It is like I am living through what my mom had to go through with me. Some days I love it and other days I just respect my mom for dealing with it.

Remember to tell your parents how much you appreciate them today!!



0 remarks: